No announcement yet.

Which is Worse - Whales or Taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

223? FSC IIRC. A harbour adds one food. Pretty powerful early-game, especially because you don't need to improve it.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Waaaay better than fish in the early game, because the despotism cap knocked fish's 3 food down to 2 anyway. A harbor would get it back up to 3--4 once you got up to monarchy--but for the early game whales were an awesomely well-rounded resource. And then there was the Midgard scenario, where basically every square of the Merfolk's "shallow seas" terrain was as good as a whale. That was just ridiculous.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Internal Revenue Code section 170(n) allows certain whaling captains to deduct up to $10,000 a year for their expenses in whale hunting activities. The $10,000 deduction is treated as a charitable contribution.
        Clearly poly is not the first to examine this dichotomy ...

Comment

A harbour adds one food. Pretty powerful early-game, especially because you don't need to improve it.
          3 food, 3 shields, 3 trade with the platform and harbor, no improvements necessary is probably the best resource. Wine was pretty good, but only one food.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I belong on no ones BBQ, you cannibal
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
              X