No announcement yet.

Estimate the total number of alcoholic drink equivalents you've consumed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably average about 0.5 - 0.75 per day since I started drinking, but the variance is huge, and makes getting an exact number hard. Also, how do you count a blender filled with random ****? It was strong enugh that we had to sip it, but not strong enough that a russian guy came, took a gulp, and claimed it was mineral water.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Dude, I just realized I can totally claim my aversion to the taste of alcohol is an aspie thing. Sweet. (People with Asperger's have nothing against alcohol specifically, but idiosyncratic hypersensitivity to stimulation is a symptom.)
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

More proof that Albee has Aspergers.

Comment

No idea. Guess we'll know when I die and they cut my liver in half to count the rings.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

0.5, not counting nyquil (not much of that either, but not zero).
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I would suspect... maybe 2500ish.

was always my drug of choice
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wish you'd just keep that to yourself. You're hardly a poster child for reasons to legalize.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Some where around 100. I haven't had even a sip since 2011.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

~45k over 35 years.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm pure.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I've been drinking, mostly moderately, since about 1972. Let's figure about 3-5 drinks per week (fairly random guess, averaging between stupid youth and responsible breadwinner years). So, 4/week x 52 weeks = 208/year >> 208 drinks/yr x 41 years = 8,528

My guess is that's a pretty conservative number.

If it's one drink/day on average, that number jumps to 365x41 = 14,965 (+10 leap days) = 14,975.

So I'm going with 15,000 as a round-number estimate.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe 2000.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, let's see.

Since I got down here, I have drank once. Place before was a couple drinks of wine. So about 6 times Since August. Oh, plus about 3 times with Slowwy. Plus I remember drinking with a friend probably 4 times when I stayed there. With Floyd I drank more often. I had a six pack of shiner myself that I drank over a few days. Don't believe we drank together as I had to drive, unless we were home. So maybe 10 times when I stayed with Floyd. I don't believe I ever drank between there and then. So 15 times for me in the last 10 months, which is actually pretty high for me. When I was a mennonite I maybe drank twice a year and only a couple of glasses each time.

So, say, in the last 3 years it's been 15 times plus another 10 or so, so probably around 25 drinks in three years. Prior to that in British Columbia, probably only about 2 drinks a year on average from about 25, 26, 27, 28. So say, 25 + about another 4 or so. Drank on my 18th, but never very much. Drank some at college, when I lived in a dorm but probably not more than once a month, and not at all before 19.

I probably drank about 10 times when I was 19, and probably closer to 5 or so for every year after.

Best guess would be about 70 or so for my life.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This is easy.

Comment

Here I was thinking ~100 wasn't much per year and quite responsible, and for most people it is a lot.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X