England Needs Stricter Knife Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    What is the material that is used in the pipe?
    Steel.

Get two steel pipes, one of .75" interior diameter, the other 1". Put the nail through the end cap, screw it on to the larger pipe. Insert a shotgun shell into the smaller pipe; it'll headspace on its rim and remain in place at the end. Slide the smaller pipe into the larger one, and pump them together. The nail will strike the primer of the shell and set it off.

Making a gun like this is not illegal in the United States, but in order to give it to someone else you have to get a federal firearms license (FFL).

edit: I made a slight mistake here; you put the nail in the end cap with a 1" circle of cardboard. Nail goes through cardboard, cardboard gets shoved into the end cap, screw the cap on. Cardboard is held in place between the end cap and the pipe.
    Last edited by regexcellent; May 25, 2013, 16:00.

Comment

Comment

Would it be legal to carry a pike or a mace?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

only in a ceremony
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
            Would it be legal to carry a pike or a mace?
            In England, or in the US? Either way I have no idea and it probably varies by jurisdiction. Weirdly, Texas actually has fairly strict knife laws, and laws about other hand to hand weapons as well. I think shuriken and those nunchuck things that Michaelangelo from TMNT uses are illegal.

Comment

i have nunchuks
              they shouldn't be banned
              they are more a threat to the user
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                Steel.

Get two steel pipes, one of .75" interior diameter, the other 1". Put the nail through the end cap, screw it on to the larger pipe. Insert a shotgun shell into the smaller pipe; it'll headspace on its rim and remain in place at the end. Slide the smaller pipe into the larger one, and pump them together. The nail will strike the primer of the shell and set it off.

Making a gun like this is not illegal in the United States, but in order to give it to someone else you have to get a federal firearms license (FFL).

edit: I made a slight mistake here; you put the nail in the end cap with a 1" circle of cardboard. Nail goes through cardboard, cardboard gets shoved into the end cap, screw the cap on. Cardboard is held in place between the end cap and the pipe.

This useful information was brought to you by the American League of People with Fewer than Ten Fingers.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

You had no real childhood if you never attempted something like that in your parents' backyard.

Comment

They don't have backyards in England. Their back doors just lead directly to the coal mine/textile mill/wizard's school where they spend most of their days.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                      Typical MOBIUS. Blah blah blahblalalalalallaaabla blah

Blah blah blah. No, but unlike yours, mine is up my arse. bla

Blah blah blah blah

Blah

Blah blah blah

Blah?

blah blah blah.

MOBIUS blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blalalablah.

Blah blah blahblalalalalblah
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                        Blah above
                        Same old molly. Unfortunately.

Comment

I've never understood why there aren't more makeshift shotguns in the UK. It's not hard to build one All you need are two pipes, an end cap, and a nail. It'll even be fairly safe to fire.
                          Fairly safe, you say? If this doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling, I don't know what will.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Steel.

This sounds vaguely reminiscent of a marshmallow-shooter. Also, not super-intimidating, since it makes the wielder look like some sort of homeless tinker commando.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              Same old molly. Unfortunately.
                              Truly devastating riposte. Oscar Wilde wants his wit back when you're finished.....
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I thought I'd couch it in terms you'd understand: KISS

Comment

Working...
                                X