Life begins at conception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life begins at conception?

States are in an ideological arms race, epitomized by dueling abortion bills floated by legislatures from Kansas to New York. Is this federalism on steroids?

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is set to sign a tough new anti-abortion law that says life begins at conception
    Does this mean officially, we will all be considered 9 months older?

I supposed this is good for 20 year olds in states where the drinking age is 21.

Also, I suspect this won't be popular with women at all... who, despite being told their bodies aren't their own anymore... are now also told they are 9 months older.

Republicans are really going to alienate the women vote now.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

despite being told their bodies aren't their own anymore
    I'm not quite sure why 'feminism' supports killing unborn girls before they get big enough to defend themselves.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      who, despite being told their bodies aren't their own anymore
      How hard is it for pro-abortion folks to grasp that a fetus is a separate organism? Just because a piece of flesh connects you doesn't mean you're the same human being. Are Siamese twins only one person?
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        'feminism'
        Ah yes. The anti-feminist extremist. Welcome. It's always disgusting to hear your point of view.

Sometimes I hate the internet. Everyone is an extremist. If you don't believe women are birthing objects meant to be barefoot and pregnant, then you must be a man-hating feminist who thinks any male expression of sexual desire is evil.

Member of both sides should go die in a fire.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
          How hard is it for pro-abortion folks to grasp that a fetus is a separate organism? Just because a piece of flesh connects you doesn't mean you're the same human being. Are Siamese twins only one person?
          You perfectly illustrate the reason why women should be the only people making policy on this issue.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

BK, especially... you complain about the legal troubles gay marriage brings about in one thread, yet completely ignore the much more complicated set of legal issues that would arise from giving legal recognition to fetuses... and freshly fertilized embryos.

In addition to the whole birthday thing... what about miscarriages? A person just died. We need transvaginal CSI to do a full investigation! It could be a murder! To women: "You uterus is a crime scene!"

It's just idiotic. And Felch, you are an even bigger ****ing hypocrite. OMG Life is so important... but not so important the we should have the government doing a single ****ing thing to help that child out. A kid gets hit by a car in the street somewhere? Well, their family better have private insurance for such things. We can't collectively get together as a society and agree to a social contract that says a public agency should offer assistance in that situation.... THAT WOULD BE FASCISM

You both can go **** yourselves.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ah yes. The anti-feminist extremist. Welcome. It's always disgusting to hear your point of view.
              I don't believe the ability to kill your child has anything to do with 'feminism'. Actual feminists agree with me. Folks like actual feminist Susan B Anthony.

"Guilty? Yes. No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; But oh, thrice guilty is he who drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime!"

If you don't believe women are birthing objects meant to be barefoot and pregnant
              What, is pregnancy a disease or something?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Susan B Anthony died over 100 years ago. How about looking at input from some contemporary feminists?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

BK, especially... you complain about the legal troubles gay marriage brings about in one thread, yet completely ignore the much more complicated set of legal issues that would arise from giving legal recognition to fetuses... and freshly fertilized embryos.
                  True. It's complicated, I agree. However I believe that personhood begins at conception and that recognition of this scientific fact will benefit America as a whole.

I don't oppose gay marriage because it's complicated. I oppose gay marriage because I believe it to be wrong.

In addition to the whole birthday thing... what about miscarriages? A person just died. We need transvaginal CSI to do a full investigation! It could be a murder! To women: "You uterus is a crime scene!"
                  Which is why we prosecute deaths by natural causes...

Comment

Susan B Anthony died over 100 years ago. How about looking at input from some contemporary feminists?
                    Sava's already established that men have no valid opinion. Why do you get to declare a woman as 'not a feminist?'

Comment

That is curious. Why aren't newborns considered to be nine months old when they are born?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        I don't believe the ability to kill your child has anything to do with 'feminism'.
                        This guy would disagree with you:
                        Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        I'm not quite sure why 'feminism' supports killing unborn girls
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also... I think BK is the one star thread rating pussytwat.

But it may be MrFun... just because he seems to dislike me
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

BK is the one star thread rating pussytwat.
                            I usually 5 staar threadjacked Fun threads. That's about all. It's not me.

Comment

I just 5 staared this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X