Korean War 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    No need to worry about war people. We've already blinked: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...997420280.html
    So? Hardly a blink. When you're dealing with a drunk at a bar who's in your face with something to prove, sometimes it actually makes sense not to flap your yap back at him, or at least do it in a different way. Especially when you don't know him. Getting into more of a dick size contest with Lil Kim could get real expensive for a lot of people. Especially WSJ subscribers if the global markets take a **** over some incident or another.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      South Korea is no slouch. Wouldn't their government make defending Seoul a priority? Seoul is pretty close to the border, but the North would still need very big guns to hit it. Big, easy to detect guns, that can only be in a certain area along the DMZ. I can't imagine that the North Korean bombardment of the capital would last very long. It would certainly get some shots off, but I bet there's more to the South's defenses than we're told.
      They're dug in through tunnels from the northwest side of the mountains. Counterbattery arty won't do ****, the Air Farce will have to actually earn their pay for once and show there's a reason they have all those bright shiny toys. Trouble is, that takes time. There's no way for the DPRK to win, or sustain a conflict, but the real damage is going to be civilian casualties then the financial markets.

I have no doubt the ROKs can stop major ground penetration, but the DRPK SOFs will be a pain in the ass - think Einheits Stielau times a thousand, with a fanatical "do damage to the death" mindset.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        We now have anti-artillery weapons actually capable of intercepting rockets, artillery shells and even mortar shells in the air.
        waht about sharks with fricken lasers?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sharks are less effective than you might think in the air.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's just what they want you to think.

Comment

What about a preemptive strike? Airdrop en masse into Pyongyang (airdrop some rice too so the locals will be too busy), storm the presidential palace and the military HQ, let ROK invade and secure the border territories around Seoul.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                What about a preemptive strike? Airdrop en masse into Pyongyang (airdrop some rice too so the locals will be too busy), storm the presidential palace and the military HQ, let ROK invade and secure the border territories around Seoul.
                best to just level the country and build over the rubble
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As annoyed as the Chinese are, I don't think they're that annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    As annoyed as the Chinese are, I don't think they're that annoyed.
                    I don't even think China would notice. They can't see more than a quarter mile with all the smog in their cities.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

China is massing forces on the North Korean border. Now, they may be bottling up potential refugees or sending Kim a message, but nobody on this side of the DMZ is going to forget MacArthur's mistake anytime soon.

Comment

They probably are more worried about an influx of refugees. I bet the Chinese Army would just assume massacre all those people if they tried to cross the border.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat View Post
                          So? Hardly a blink. When you're dealing with a drunk at a bar who's in your face with something to prove, sometimes it actually makes sense not to flap your yap back at him, or at least do it in a different way. Especially when you don't know him. Getting into more of a dick size contest with Lil Kim could get real expensive for a lot of people. Especially WSJ subscribers if the global markets take a **** over some incident or another.
                          Also it's not Christian for normal sized folks to get into tussles with little people like Lil Kim.
                          And I'm sure his dick is sized proportionately so what wouldd be the point?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            China is massing forces on the North Korean border. Now, they may be bottling up potential refugees or sending Kim a message, but nobody on this side of the DMZ is going to forget MacArthur's mistake anytime soon.
                            Do you have a link to this?
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Nm

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                waht about sharks with fricken lasers?
                                The systems are said to be pretty efective, they're in use in Iraq and Afghanistan protecting major bases from mortar attacks. They're based around the Phalanx anti-missle system deployed on aircraft carriers. One problem with using them to protect against artillery attacks from North Korea is their limited range. Also I don't know how well the sytem would cope with an intense artillery barrage.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X