No announcement yet.

Korean War 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt those bunkers could survive 2k lb JDAMs.

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I read somewhere (wish I could remember so I could post the article) that U.S. believes it could have unimpeded control of skies in 50 hours (i.e. all anti-aircraft of consequence destroyed and domination or destruction of DPRK air frames). The estimate went on to say that they estimated DPRK could get off 500,000 artillery rounds before effective suppression.

Hell of a lot of dead ROKs before we could pummel them.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

We would have control of the skies instantly.

North Korea doesn't have enough fuel or parts to keep its pilots current or train new ones. It has mostly ancient MiGs. Its best anti-air artillery and missiles can't hit our modern aircraft because they fly too high.

Comment

This is why there's sometimes very good deals to be had flying Korean Air with layovers in Seoul. Wait till Dim Jong Whatever makes his next threat and then take a vacation to the Far East. Not only with the airfare be cheap, but you can show Commies how little esteem you have of their capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              I doubt those bunkers could survive 2k lb JDAMs.
              You're right but do you would have to JDAM each and every individual one and there are tens of thousands of them. Now do you understand why HC's retarded claim that they could all be knocked out with in one minute is so... Well... Retarded? It would take days, weeks, possibly even months to get them all during which time some portion of them would be firing at a rate of about 2-3 per minute.

This is why people shouldn't bother with spurious right wing blogs. They're almost always wrong about everything.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                We would have control of the skies instantly.
                No doubt, but "unimpeded" is the key word here. I think I will go with the Air Force estimate over yours. No Offense.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  You're right but do you would have to JDAM each and every individual one and there are tens of thousands of them. Now do you understand why HC's retarded claim that they could all be knocked out with in one minute is so... Well... Retarded? It would take days, weeks, possibly even months to get them all during which time some portion of them would be firing at a rate of about 2-3 per minute.

This is why people shouldn't bother with spurious right wing blogs. They're almost always wrong about everything.
                  CNN had an article last week on what a war would look like. I believe it was a RAND conducted wargame estimate if I remember correctly. They estimated 3 to 6 months to completely supress all the bunkers absent a ground invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Yes, they can shoot. They put a little slit to shoot out of at pre-sighted targets and then fire away. That means it is 90%+ pretected in hardened bunkers and to knock them out you either have to blow through the hardened exterior or you have to make a 1 in a million shot through the tiny slit they're firing out of. It's the same sort of "technology" castle builders used in the middle ages with arrow slits so it is a very low tech but effective solution.
                    What about using fuel-air devices? That little slit should be sufficient for an overpressure kill, shouldn't it?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Armchair generals

Comment

What about a preemptive strike? Carpet bomb everything within 50 km of Seoul before the shelling starts? I doubt DPRK will dare start anything after that.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Nah, that would be wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Anonymous has launched a preemptive strike.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                A strike? Like what? How can you DDoS a country with no internet?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X