No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmen can only enter businesses and residences. Guynemer was onto something, mods are sorely missed.

Also: Do not rename your city more than once. It seems to cause..interesting side effects.

Comment

• Not a surprise; SimCity has always differentiated residential/business/industry from [other things]. Also would be pretty tacky. Then again, this whole thing is pretty tacky...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Hmm.
        Originally posted by @SimCity
        We have no intention of offlining SimCity any time soon but we'll look into that aspart of our earning back your trust efforts.

— SimCity (@simcity) March 9, 2013

Comment

• It is beyond weird that you people are fixated on the online component.

Comment

• The problem is that some of us enjoy playing games for decades, and like playing games that just work. Neither of those things will happen with SC5 unless the server BS is removed. I'm playing SC2000 now - wouldn't be able to if it had some ****ed up server connection required, as that server would be long gone. I'm one of those 'weirdos' who believes I should own what I buy, not just use it when someone else says it's okay to.

Comment

• Cable subscriptions, mortgages, rental cars, and movie theaters must really drive you nuts. I'm honestly concerned everyone in this thread suffers from severe OCD. The uncertainty and fear of losing control over their dinky little citybuilding game in 10 years is causing a lot of mental distress. Doctors can help with that.

Comment

• Would've been better in all caps, though.

Comment

• I'm not angry, I'm concerned that you people are controlling of your loved ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                    Cable subscriptions, mortgages, rental cars, and movie theaters must really drive you nuts. I'm honestly concerned everyone in this thread suffers from severe OCD. The uncertainty and fear of losing control over their dinky little citybuilding game in 10 years is causing a lot of mental distress. Doctors can help with that.
                    Come on Wiggy, you get up at 5am to play simcity, complain when things aren't exactly as you would have liked them in the game, and then accuse "us" of OCD for having real lives and commitments in real cities and towns which stop us playing a sim obsessively like you obviously do??????????????
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• No, I accused you of having OCD for the reasons I stated.

Comment

• Please explain why being able to play a game for the rest of your life is not better than playing it for however many years before EA releases a SimCity 6 and yanks support for this one.

Comment

• darn I thought that last post would get caps and angry faces

The biggest OCD I see these days is young people walking around real cities with phone screens glued to their face, bumping into people and lamp-posts as they walks along. Some of them are probably playing sims. Think about that. Social media addiction has taken over for some. That's why they can't get their act together and have mortgages and the like, or any form of real life commitment. It interferes with their fantasy world.
                          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 10, 2013, 01:39.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Please explain why being able to play a game for the rest of your life is not better than playing it for however many years before EA releases a SimCity 6 and yanks support for this one.
                            It's better, sort of like how having $25 dollars is better than $24.19. But that doesn't mean you need to go all OCD and freak out about having an uneven amount of money.

Comment

• I want in your region

Origin handle: derektonin

May not join immediately, have to do some spring cleaning today, but I'll get in there!
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot View Post
                                I want in your region

Origin handle: derektonin

May not join immediately, have to do some spring cleaning today, but I'll get in there!
                                Reg has to invite you. Baghdad is kicking ass. I've got a university with an engineering school, high school, grade school, city hall with education department and department of safety, regional fire department and regional hospital, with ambulances and oil to spare. When the oil runs out I will be ****ed, up until then things are great. You will probably want to get your own power station since I'm still siphoning from Pripyat but I know he has tons extra, so you might be able to hop on that. I have excess water, so don't worry about water pumps, or education. Police protection and garbage disposal -- you're on your own.

Comment

Working...
                                X