Hugo Chavez just died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest in peace.
    One among many politicians of all times, one of the greatest politicians of our time for sure.

Comment

1/10
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

**** America, and FY too.
        The ****ers finally got him. Hate you, *******s.

Comment

Just in case, **** off. I'm out of here anyway.

Comment

Ooooh, someone pissed in his cornflakes this morning. Guess that whole "collapse of communism" thing still must hurt.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
              Rest in peace.
              One among many politicians of all times, one of the greatest politicians of our time for sure.
              I'm glad the greasy bastard is dead.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We missed you serb! Welcome back!
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'll have Serb working for me from April, this is good practice.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Don't you think you've been a sore loser long enough?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      All three of you are retarded.
                      Ah, it's your turn to use '******' . Must be Hauldren Collider's next. I'll be glad when the Vocabulary Famine in the U.S.A is finally over.

The Supreme Court didn't choose the President.
                      Of course not. And no voters in Florida were disenfranchised illegally, money doesn't buy you influence, and George W 'Baby' Bush did all his own work and was a success without the help of his father.

Incroyable.

Truly there must have been somebody more able than him to lead your country no ?
                      Alas, Muffin The Mule was under contract elsewhere.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Maybe not on a wide scale, sure, but he definitely had a lot of political opponents locked up on trumped up charges and some people disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
                        So, Israel, for instance, never locked anyone up in dubious circumstances ?

Australia's foreign minister, Bob Carr, has confirmed that the man known as Prisoner X, a dual Israeli-Australian national who died in mysterious circumstances in a high-security Israeli prison in 2010, was working for the Israeli government.

Ben Zygier's death in December 2010, apparently by suicide, has been shrouded in mystery. Last month, Israel was forced to admit that it had secretly imprisoned Zygier on serious but unspecified charges.

Compare Chavez's record on deaths in custody or opponents disappeared with all those wonderful governments the U.S. has supported in the Caribbean and Central America over the years- Haiti, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua under the Somoza dictatorships...

Still, United Fruit, Standard Fruit and assorted other companies did well out of those dictatorships, so they couldn't have been that bad, presumably.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                          And no voters in Florida were disenfranchised illegally
                          Good point.

On Thursday, I broke the news that the Obama campaign had sued the state of Ohio over a provision which gave members of the military three extra days for early voting. The media and the left predictably pushed back aggressively that the Obama lawsuit wasn't intended to target votes of the military. Rather than taking them at their word, my colleague, Joel Pollak documented the sad recent history of Democrats working to suppress the military vote. Today, we bring you evidence, from 2000, of Democrats actively succeeding in disqualifying military ballots.

In 2000, the nation's politics hung in the balance of a recount fight in Florida. George W. Bush had beaten Al Gore by a few hundred votes in the seminal swing state, and Democrats went all-in to reverse this result and hand the presidency to Gore. One of the lawyers hired by the Democrats during the recount fight was Mark Herron, how drafted a memo detailing how to disqualify military absentee ballots. (Memo is below.) His work had an immediate affect, as recalled by Bill Sammon in 2001:

The main battlegound was Duval County, home to more military families than any other county in Florida. Duval had more absentee ballots from overseas than any other county - 618 of 3,500 cast statewide. Five Gore lawyers showed up at the elections office at 9 a.m. Friday to disqualify as many of those ballots as possible.

Tom Bishop, one of the Republican lawyers, was incensed as he watched the Democrats, armed with the smoking-gun memo, blatantly go about disqualify large numbers of military ballots.

"They had their little cheat sheet they were using, and they objected on every single possible ground they could, no matter how spurious," Bishop told Sammon. "It was so bad that there was rolling of the eyes by even some of the Democrats there who were watching their lawyers work."

Before Nov. 17, the Duval supervisor of elections compared signatures on ballot envelopes against signature cards on file. He could find only two absentee ballots that could not be included because the signatures did not match.

"But now the Democrats insisted that they be allowed to compare all signatures, one by one. For seven tedious hours, they bitterly argued that signatures on more than 100 envelopes did not precisely match the signature cards - although some envelopes had been signed by sailors on rolling seas in hostile situations,” Sammon wrote.

"You could clearly tell it was the same person´s signature, but they would object because it didn´t have a certain curlicue or didn´t have a certain twist or it was smaller," Bishop told him.

The Democrat lawyers sought to disqualify military ballots that had no overseas postmark on the grounds that some voters might have marked their ballots a day or two after the election and then mailed them in.

The Democrats' efforts to suppress the military vote weren't confined to one county. From an Associated Press account:

In some counties, half or nearly all the overseas ballots were rejected, many of them military ballots that apparently didn't have postmarks.

Orange County, for example, rejected 117 of its 147 overseas ballots. In Hillsborough County, 74 of the 135 ballots were rejected after Democrats raised concerns about postmark or signature problems. Alachua County rejected half of the 56 ballots it received. St. Lucie rejected 13 of 14 and Lake County, all five.

"The party of the man who wants to be the next commander in chief is trying to throw out the votes of the men and women he will be commanding," charged Jim Post, a Republican lawyer in Duval County, where 107 ballots were rejected.

Thomas Spencer, a Miami attorney for Bush, said the GOP legal team would weigh whether to sue this weekend. "One of the problems with those ballots is it is so difficult under Florida and federal law that you almost have to be a rocket scientist to comply," he said.

Earlier this week, Mark Herron, a Tallahassee lawyer helping shepherd Democratic presidential election lawsuits through the local courts, sent a five-page letter to Democratic attorneys throughout Florida giving them tips on how to lodge protests against overseas ballots.

Such protests had to be filed before the ballot was taken out of the envelope. The letter focused on protesting military ballots.

Herron said he was retained by the DNC on election night.

No matter how the Democrats and the media try to spin this, the party has actively sought to suppress the votes of the men and women in the military. The very fact that a memo was circulated, explaining, in detail, how to disqualify military ballots should be enough evidence of the party's checkered history with military voting.

Don't believe what the left and the media say. Believe what the Democrats have done
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

We're not at a tipping point yet. Interest on the debt is still less than deficit spending, then you have the debt payments which either go to US investors, or foreign entities reinvesting it in the US. So more net cash is going into the economy as a result of the deficit spending. At least now. It's obviously not a sustainable approach.
                            Key word here - for now. Two problems here - one the debt burden is larger than it was since the second world war in comparison to the economy, and two, it doesn't look like Obama is willing to take significant steps to cut the deficit. Three, you've got all of Obamacare's costs hitting in 2014.

So, unless we start seeing some real appetite for actual cuts (ie, not sequester), things are going to turn out poorly. And yes - it can happen to America too. We've been on a one man debt express who has significantly destroyed the American bottom line in just 4 years. Even with all the strengths of the US - the debt will continue to rise.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                              Good point.
                              I know.

The complaints from those denied the right to vote during the 2000 Florida presidential election were anything but isolated or episodic. Credible evidence shows many Floridians were denied the right to vote. Analysis of the testimony and evidence gathered by the Commission show that these denials fell most squarely on persons of color.

Of course in a real 'developing world' country such as the Dominican Republic, they would simply have disenfranchised those voters by killing them, as they did during the 'Perejil' Massacres.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	us-gross-public-debt-as-a-percentage-of-gdp.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	9094825

And of course that's Obama's fault.

@ BK
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X