Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end is near: Fast Food now outsells all other restaurant food in France.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing I noticed about "fast food" is most of it you can eat without any teeth, it is baby food for adults really
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Sadly, not true. Teeth are required for eating the far majority of fast food. Hamburgers, french fries, chicken nuggets, none of that is edible without teeth (without massive knife/fork work or a blender, which is true about any food).

Anyone with dentures and/or a eight to ten month old knows this for a fact.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I had to google some of Molly's spices and I rather like learning about new stuff. Thank you.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          Sadly, not true. Teeth are required for eating the far majority of fast food. Hamburgers, french fries, chicken nuggets, none of that is edible without teeth.
          Mcdonalds is, those are the items I was talking about Snoopy, soft burgers, soggy fries, nuggets, which means no bones. It's just turns to mush in your mouth and a plug in your butt.

In fact after consumption it seems to turn rock hard and clogs me up, horrible stuff, gives me constipation, probably the unnatural additives.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I had to google some of Molly's spices and I rather like learning about new stuff. Thank you.
            It's my pleasure. I've been busily rereading a book on Mediterranean cuisines (which generously geographically includes Iran, Armenia, the Yemen...) in preparation for a joint belated birthday celebration with a friend (and guests) next week.

Tomorrow as preparation we're cooking a Moroccan salad starter made with grapefruit, black olives, flat leaf parsley and coriander leaves, a side dish of scrubbed (not peeled) carrots cut on the diagonal in 1/4 inch thick slices, cooked in a scant amount of olive oil on a high heat so they char, then dressed with sea salt and balsamic vinegar, a main North African dish of chicken cooked with almonds and rosewater, and just to mix things up, a Thai dessert of pearl tapioca cooked in thinned cocnut milk, sweetened with palm sugar, and served with 'golden threads'- egg yolks whisked and streamed through 3 or 4 holes into hot sugar water, then placed on top of the tapioca. Any left over can be served with coffee.... We might also be cooking a date dish and serving it with fresh yoghurt or ricotta...

And damn, I'm hungry again. Should have had lunch before leaving, rather than just a handful of dates and a mug of masala tea.

A.H.- what's the local fast food where you are ? I know they like bats in Guam and in some of the Pacific island states they're into mutton flaps and turkey tails:

Mark Dolan’s controversial documentary, The World’s Fattest Families and Me, was broadcast recently.

Dolan journeyed to Tonga where he met Towa, 222 kg, and his daughter Sia, 133kg.

The documentary touched many when Dolan took Sia to the supermarket, and showed Sia the nutritional value in the fatty mutton flaps.

He told Sia New Zealanders did not eat this.

“This is the bit that they throw away,” he said. Sia broke down in tears.

The documentary exposed that there are no food export regulations in place
            Fatty food imports, such as mutton flaps and turkey tails – waste products from affluent countries – are a cause of obesity in the Pacific and have been criticised in the NZ Medical Jou...

I saw the documentary a few years ago on Channel 4 here, and was mightily shocked....

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

mcdonalds is diahrea
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X