[AWB]Dems prep ground for 2014 Electoral Defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    If you discount gang bangers in the projects then our murder levels are rather unremarkable.
    You might want to go check that against some actual statistics.

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Not really, no. A good homemade suppressor isn't hard to make. Making a suppressor is one of the easiest things you can do with machine tools. You need a lathe and a drill press. They are like simplified car mufflers.
    You can't hand make a suppressor that is nearly as good as an expensive professional one. An extremely skilled weaponsmith might get quite close, but some random on the street? Nope.

Comment

• So I guess that Garand clips are now illegal in NY.

What's great is that Canada makes a specific exemption for the Garand in their own 5-rd limit law.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Since they can be grandfathered, how can you prove someone bought them after the ban?
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          You can't hand make a suppressor that is nearly as good as an expensive professional one. An extremely skilled weaponsmith might get quite close, but some random on the street? Nope.
          You can find very good drawings on the internet. I'm serious, these devices are not complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Since they can be grandfathered, how can you prove someone bought them after the ban?
            Actually, since the Garand Magazine is 8 rounds, it would be banned as well.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Jesus christ.

Well, I am buying an NRA shirt. I might actually get the membership, but probably not. The main thing is I need a new librul troll shirt, and my Mitt Romney shirt no longer works to that effect. But an NRA shirt should be perfect!

Comment

• By the way, Lonestar, I know Cucinelli probably isn't your kinda guy, but I'm just sayin', you can bet that at the top of McAuliffe's agenda is this kind of gun control.

Comment

• Probably so.

Comment

• I'm hoping that manages to lose him the election. Virginia may have gone the wrong direction last year, but it'll be an off year and Virginians still like their guns...

Just wondering, but would you vote for Cucinelli over McAuliffe, given the former's record, if the latter were to embrace an AWB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I'm hoping that manages to lose him the election. Virginia may have gone the wrong direction last year, but it'll be an off year and Virginians still like their guns...

Just wondering, but would you vote for Cucinelli over McAuliffe, given the former's record, if the latter were to embrace an AWB?
                      If I thought McAuliffe was being serious about violent crime(Hint: such a plan would involve ending the drug war in Virginia) then yes. But most people who embrace gun control in the name of reducing gun violence don't take serious measures to to, you know, tackle the root causes of violent crime.

Comment

• Okay, I'm not actually sure if you mean "yes I would not vote for Cucinelli" or "yes I would vote for McAuliffe".

To be honest, I'm disappointed that the GOP didn't nominate Bolling, but I expect Cucinelli to govern basically the way McDonnell has, and McD's done a good job.

Comment

• If I thought McAuliffe was being sincere instead of being just a gungrabber, then yes I would vote for McAuliffe. But I don't expect that to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                            Actually, since the Garand Magazine is 8 rounds, it would be banned as well.
                            Noooope! Firearms and magazines older than 50 years are exempt if you register them and any magazines up to 10 rounds that you have now will be legal after the ban, if you don't load more than 7 rounds in them ever. So, you can have 10 round magazines, if you promise not to put more than 7 bullets in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Noooope! Firearms and magazines older than 50 years are exempt if you register them and any magazines up to 10 rounds that you have now will be legal after the ban, if you don't load more than 7 rounds in them ever. So, you can have 10 round magazines, if you promise not to put more than 7 bullets in them.

You...you do know that there are Garands less than 50 years old, right? Springfield(the company, not the Armory) made a bunch of them in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                                You...you do know that there are Garands less than 50 years old, right? Springfield(the company, not the Armory) made a bunch of them in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
                                Yeah, but those are allowed, as long as you only put 7 rounds in them.

It's really quite retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X