Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are in the midst of the 148th anniversary of Sherman's march to the sea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm not the one who picks the running cadences.

Comment

• You're just the obedient little nazi who obeys orders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
        I'll accept this claim, though as I mentioned above my recollection (for which I don't have a cite handy) was that the original criticism of Agent Orange came from Communist sympathizers in the U.S.

I agree with MTG in his response to this. You simply let right-wing propaganda spoon feed you nonsense such as, "If anyone expresses contradicting opinions about something like the issue of Agent Orange, it means they're COMMUNISTS."
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• That's actually a surprisingly good heuristic for criticism of the US during the cold war....
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              That's actually a surprisingly good heuristic for criticism of the US during the cold war....
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post

I agree with MTG in his response to this. You simply let right-wing propaganda spoon feed you nonsense such as, "If anyone expresses contradicting opinions about something like the issue of Agent Orange, it means they're COMMUNISTS."
                The Communists I'm talking about were self-described.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  I'm not saying they were all commies. But if you look carefully at the thought leaders, most of them admitted that they were. Even a lot of the people pushing for desegregation turned out to be communists. Their criticism wasn't even wrong. In that case especially, it was absolutely right! But often they were criticizing the US because they wanted to make the US look bad, not because they really cared about the plight of minorities.

Comment

• Why do you assume a communist only cares about making America look bad? You don't genuinely believe all that crap about communists being evil people do you?

Comment

• Damn, somewhere I probably still have my 82nd ABD "Kill a commie for mommy" t-shirt.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Why do you assume a communist only cares about making America look bad? You don't genuinely believe all that crap about communists being evil people do you?
                        Are you aware that at the time, the US was engaged in a global ideological struggle with several communist states, and that Agent Orange was being used in a war whose explicit purpose was the containment of communism?

Comment

Why do you assume a communist only cares about making America look bad? You don't genuinely believe all that crap about communists being evil people do you?
                          Uh, yes, I do. They are evil. I recognize that some of them might not realize it. Think about their ideology for a minute. It's completely antithetical to freedom, democracy, and peace, all things which I value very highly.

Comment

Are you aware that at the time, the US was engaged in a global ideological struggle with several communist states, and that Agent Orange was being used in a war whose explicit purpose was the containment of communism?
                            Yeah, and we didn't need commies to make us look bad when you had brilliant remarks like "we had to destroy the city to save it."
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

We overestimated the threat of communism to the world, obviously.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                Hey, I'm not the one who picks the running cadences.
                                You could choose to tell them to knock it off.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X