No announcement yet.

The End Of Twinkies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do republicans care more about companies than people?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      Because people only produce babies and companies produce money.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        Corporations are people my friend, people who donate unlimited money to the re-election efforts of Republicans.

Comment

If Hostess was so concerned about costs, why did the executives triple their own salaries?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            I always thought twinkies were more manufactured than baked...

Really though one must wonder about the utter stupidity of this union. Like, they'd rather lose their jobs than continue to be employed with some pay and benefits cuts? That makes no sense at all.
            I'm fairly certain the union workers did not want their company to be liquidated. The decision to liquidate was made by the executives, shortly after the executives decided to triple their own salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]172940[/ATTACH]

Oh that Sulu.

Wow DD, I haven't thumbs you up in a while. Nice post!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm fairly certain the union workers did not want their company to be liquidated. The decision to liquidate was made by the executives, shortly after the executives decided to triple their own salaries.
                Given that only 5k of roughly 18k voted to strike, this is hardly fair for the other 13k workers.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I agree; it was grossly unfair for the executives to decide to liquidate the company.

Comment

I agree; it was grossly unfair for the executives to decide to liquidate the company.
                    Do you think the 5k unionized workers had the best interests of the 13k non-union workers in mind?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Is it fair for executives to vote to triple their own salaries when the company they run is failing? Nothing about the way businesses operate is "fair" except the expectation that they will honor their contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Do you think the 5k unionized workers had the best interests of the 13k non-union workers in mind?
                        Seeing as though they are part of the same union it's ridiculous for you to assume otherwise.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

*whew* They might save the Twinkie after all...
                          Hostess Brands and the union representing its bakery employees agreed on Monday to a mediation session, a last-ditch effort that could prevent the liquidation of the company and save 18,500 jobs.

Perhaps most interesting to certain members of the posting crew here:

Metropoulos & Company, the private equity firm that owns Pabst Blue Ribbon, said in a statement that it is “actively pursuing” a deal for at least some of Hostess.

PBR + Twinkies, a winning combination...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why do people even buy PBR? It doesn't seem to have much to do with quality.

Comment

Price.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Then why does Imran drink PBR?
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X