If Romney Wins the Presidency...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Romney Wins the Presidency...

Do you think he will be able to successfully unite the country?
    Yes, he's really is a moderate centrist
    43.75%
    No, he'll stick to those who vote he pandered to
    56.25%
    No, Paul Ryan is the next president of the United States
    0.00%
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Yes. If he can work with Massachusetts Democrats, he can certainly work with the Democrats in Congress.

Comment

What about the republicans in Congress? In Mass, he really just had democrats to work with. As president, he needs to be able to stand between the two parties and get them to work together.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No one can successfully unite this country. We're too divided on social issues, and various groups in power use that to splinter us further.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hitler could probably overcome all of that and unite (most of) us. But neither Obama or Romney is Hitler.

Comment

A better chance than Obama, but not a good chance regardless. Dems would be bat****e crazy with butthurt if Obama loses.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

They were certainly extremely butthurt after the midterms.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  No one can successfully unite this country. We're too divided on social issues, and various groups in power use that to splinter us further.
                  Are we really that divided on social issues? Outside of the left and right fringes, there seems to be a sensible majority that agrees that abortion should be safe, legal and rare, that gay marriage is no big deal, that weed should be legal, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                    Dems would be bat****e crazy with butthurt if Obama loses.
                    You say that as if that were a unique situation.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      Are we really that divided on social issues? Outside of the left and right fringes, there seems to be a sensible majority that agrees that abortion should be safe, legal and rare, that gay marriage is no big deal, that weed should be legal, etc.
                      Sometimes, it looks as if we're divided just to be divided. "Republicans like this then I hate it!" "Democrats hate that, then I love it!"

I don't believe that the sensible majority is being represented in Congress.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

As long as gerrymandering continues unabated, the Congress will be controlled by the fringes of both parties.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

He'll want a second term and that means he must continue to be an asspuppet for the far right.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                            As long as gerrymandering continues unabated, the Congress will be controlled by the fringes of both parties.
                            QFT

Comment

So you think John Boehner represents the fringe of the Republican party?
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X