Originally posted by loinburger
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Why are people cool with Aztec human sacrifice and not Spanish colonialism?
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by gribbler View PostTroll rating: 0/10
If you actually thought that anyone centers their entire moral conception of the world around the idea that the West is evil, you would belong in a mental institution.
You need to meet people I know.
Afrocentrics will blow your whitebread mind."Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
-
Are you arguing that Americans' celebration of Columbus Day proves that the Americans celebrating Counter-Columbus Day are actually celebrating Aztec human sacrifice? Because if not then I don't know what point you're trying to make by saying that Columbus never set foot in the future United States.Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View PostColumbus did nothing in the US either...<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures
</p>
Comment
-
Oh, I'm sure you have the much more refined positon that Americans alone are evil.If you actually thought that anyone centers their entire moral conception of the world around the idea that the West is evil, you would belong in a mental institution.Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!
Comment
-
Are you arguing that Americans' celebration of Columbus Day proves they are actually celebrating genocide and slavery?Originally posted by loinburger View PostAre you arguing that Americans' celebration of Columbus Day proves that the Americans celebrating Counter-Columbus Day are actually celebrating Aztec human sacrifice? Because if not then I don't know what point you're trying to make by saying that Columbus never set foot in the future United States."Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
-
-
This is a bizarrely retarded question, seeing as how I've never used the words "genocide" or "slavery" in this thread.Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View PostAre you arguing that Americans' celebration of Columbus Day proves they are actually celebrating genocide and slavery?<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures
</p>
Comment
-
EVERYONE ELSE DOES!Originally posted by loinburger View PostThis is a bizarrely retarded question, seeing as how I've never used the words "genocide" or "slavery" in this thread.
Read the OP"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
-
It should have been Amerigo Vespucci day anyway.I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio
Comment
-
Typical stuff:
I'm going to celebrate Columbus day by walking into someone's home, cracking a beer, and telling them they no longer live there.You should also torture, enslave, and then kill them, their family, and their neighbors. If you're gonna go all Columbus on their ass, go for the gold"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
-
Who the hell celebrates Hitler's birthday? Yes, Nazis that celebrate it probably are celebrating Hitler's work, as well, and that includes the Holocaust, though they probably also deny it.Originally posted by gribbler View PostAre you suggesting that people who celebrate Hitler's birthday are actually celebrating the Holocaust?"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
-
They certainly don't celebrate the ritual sacrifice aspects, more the warrior spirit. Colonialism has no redeeming characteristics except culinary.Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View PostYou're saying Mexican-Americans don't celebrate the Aztecs?"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger
Comment
-
So... you are getting all offended by people cracking jokes about Columbus?Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View PostTypical stuff:“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Comment
-
Last year, someone had a lengthy post railing against the white man. I pointed out that oppressors come in all colors and that the Aztec were brutal, even moreso than the Inquisition and conquering Spaniards. The response to me was as if I praised Hitler.Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View PostSo... you are getting all offended by people cracking jokes about Columbus?
This time, I just said "To be fair, I'm just glad the Aztec aren't doing that whole human sacrifice thing anymore" and it's like I said 'Hitler had some good ideas on race'."Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi
Comment
Comment