Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You keep putting marriage on a pedestal. It's not marriage you really want, it's tax breaks and insurance incentives.

Comment

• This is the problem with giving people anything nice. Everyone else who doesn't get it, after a long enough period of time, thinks they're entitled to it and starts calling you racist/bigoted/ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
        You keep putting marriage on a pedestal. It's not marriage you really want, it's tax breaks and insurance incentives.
        To be clear, I want the same government privileges and services as a heterosexual married couple.

My preferred solution is the government gets out of the "marriage" business altogether and, if anything, only recognizes civil unions/domestic partnerships and the like. "Marriage" is a loaded word to many religious people. The word means nothing to me.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This is the problem with giving people anything nice. Everyone else who doesn't get it, after a long enough period of time, thinks they're entitled to it and starts calling you racist/bigoted/ignorant.
          Yeah, giving something to a privileged group and denying it to others because you consider them unworthy "deviants" does tend to make people call you a bigot.

Comment

• Ben brought his dead father into this. I didn't insult his dead father, I made the observation that Ben is a piece of **** that we know to be hated by his family. It's a slight on Ben, not his dead father.
            PS: Ben is the smaller man in every way, and I don't need to prove that.
            If you need to tell people you are X- chances are you aren't X.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• One can support or oppose gay marriage but it's pretty darn clear is that what the proponents seek is for a gay couple to be treated EXACTLY like a hetero couple with respect to the rights nd obligations to each other if they choose to marry.
              That's not what he's asking for though. He wants to be put to the front of the line and to have priority over everyone else. He wants his rights to trump other people's rights.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• And yet, you cannot appreciate the emotional devastation of a gay man who is denied seeing his partner in the hospital while the partner is dying.
                Except that that's not the case. They are being permitted to see their partner in the hospital. They are upset that their partner died before they got there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  To be clear, I want the same government privileges and services as a heterosexual married couple.

My preferred solution is the government gets out of the "marriage" business altogether and, if anything, only recognizes civil unions/domestic partnerships and the like. "Marriage" is a loaded word to many religious people. The word means nothing to me.
                  Yeah, giving something to a privileged group and denying it to others because you consider them unworthy "deviants" does tend to make people call you a bigot.
                  It's not simply because they're deviants. Many of the privileges of marriage are designed around the husband/wife arrangement. Married couples benefit from billions in income tax reductions when one spouse (the husband, almost always) makes a lot of money and another (the wife) makes nothing and raises the kids. The incentives are designed around the traditional family unit.

Gays don't comprise a traditional family unit, they'll never have kids and even the bottoms tend to work at spas or whatever making as much as their boyfriends. So they are denied the tax incentives. Cry all you want about it, but get in line with everyone else, like people who don't own homes, people who don't have solar panels on their homes, people who don't have cash for charity, etc.

Comment

Being black doesn't imply sexual perversion
                    Neither does bring gay according to science.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      Neither do gays today, in many states. There is nothing special about equal rights protection.
                      What?!
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                        No, asking for gay marriage is closer to blacks getting riled up because they want to be hired as mall Santas for Christmas season and are refused because Santa obviously has to be white. Like I have ****ing said, I do not want to deny gay people their rights.
                        You don't live around here Ondera. We do have mall Santas who are black.
                        Do married people get tax breaks in Russia?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          Neither does bring gay according to science.
                          Then why do kids routinely use the insult "***" and bully their gay classmates? Seems evolved to me. Got to cast out the less productive from the herd.

Comment

It's not simply because they're deviants. Many of the privileges of marriage are designed around the husband/wife arrangement. Married couples benefit from billions in income tax reductions when one spouse (the husband, almost always) makes a lot of money and another (the wife) makes nothing and raises the kids. The incentives are designed around the traditional family unit.

Gays don't comprise a traditional family unit, they'll never have kids and even the bottoms tend to work at spas or whatever making as much as their boyfriends. So they are denied the tax incentives. Cry all you want about it, but get in line with everyone else, like people who don't own homes, people who don't have solar panels on their homes, people who don't have cash for charity, etc.
                            Or like single people.

Comment

Then why do kids routinely use the insult "***" and bully their gay classmates?
                              Because they were raised in a homophobic environment.

Comment

This is the problem with giving people anything nice. Everyone else who doesn't get it, after a long enough period of time, thinks they're entitled to it and starts calling you racist/bigoted/ignorant.
                                Of course, because when someone is paying less tax the rest have to make up the difference. The government doesn't have it's own money to give out. It gives out other peoples money.

Comment

Working...
                                X