Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Ben Kenobi has the wrong reason for being opposed to gay marriage. The correct reason is disgust at our ridiculous 21st century culture of entitlement.
    It started with those dumbass ******s thinking they had the same rights as the superior race, amiright?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asking for the same rights and privileges as heterosexual couples is asking for special rights.
      No, clearly what you want is a special 'gay badge', that lets you get to see your partner and puts you to the front of the line, ahead of family, etc. Special rights, not equal rights.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        No, clearly what you want is a special 'gay badge', that lets you get to see your partner and puts you to the front of the line, ahead of family, etc. Special rights, not equal rights.
        ????????

Clearly what I want (and what I have...) is the right to marry my partner and have the same privileges as a heterosexual couple in terms of medical decisions and hospital visitation.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

BUT ONLY AFTER EIGHT HOURS OF ARGUMENTS AND THE PARTNER HAD DIED
          Do you think my mother got to see my father despite being married for 30 years and 3 kids together before he died? No. None of us did.

**** happens, Asher. The point is that yes, they were admitted, and yes they did get in.

If that make me callous than so be it.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Do you think my mother got to see my father despite being married for 30 years and 3 kids together before he died? No. None of us did.
            You're telling me your mother brought your father to the hospital and argued with lawyers and administrators for 8 hours while your father died in the next room without being able to see him?

You are somehow the most un-Christian person I've ever seen. It's pathetic. You have no compassion, no empathy, no love. You are full of hate and bigotry. Sad pathetic excuse of a human being.

Comment

Clearly what I want (and what I have...) is the right to marry my partner and have the same privileges as a heterosexual couple in terms of medical decisions and hospital visitation.
              You want your visitation rights to trump everyone else's. Clearly special rights and not equal rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                It started with those dumbass ******s thinking they had the same rights as the superior race, amiright?
                Don't think I lose sleep at night over gay marriage.

I don't have a problem with equal rights for gay people. I have a problem with us taking certain things and declaring them rights when they aren't. Concepts that never existed even 50 years ago can't be rights. You have no right to own a computer. You have no right to internet access. You have a right to have some religious ceremony declaring you married to whatever the hell you want, your dog, your favorite car, whatever. The government doesn't have to give you tax benefits. Depriving you of those tax benefits doesn't really hurt your well being too much, either.

Whether the government should do this or not is a separate question, and it's not one I care enough about right now to discuss. But the whole "it's a right" argument is annoying.

Comment

You want your visitation rights to trump everyone else's. Clearly special rights and not equal rights.
                  ????????????????

What the **** ISN'T wrong with your brain?

The visitation right of a married partner ALWAYS trumps everyone else's. This is NOT a special right.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Don't think I lose sleep at night over gay marriage.

I don't have a problem with equal rights for gay people. I have a problem with us taking certain things and declaring them rights when they aren't. Concepts that never existed even 50 years ago can't be rights. You have no right to own a computer. You have no right to internet access. You have a right to have some religious ceremony declaring you married to whatever the hell you want, your dog, your favorite car, whatever. The government doesn't have to give you tax benefits. Depriving you of those tax benefits doesn't really hurt your well being too much, either.

Whether the government should do this or not is a separate question, and it's not one I care enough about right now to discuss. But the whole "it's a right" argument is annoying.
                    Then stop treating like a ****ing semantic argument.

The government ought to treat people equally regardless of religious bigotry and phobias. Don't obsessing over the word choices and get on the correct bandwagon.

Comment

You're telling me your mother brought your father to the hospital and argued with lawyers and administrators for 8 hours while your father died in the next room without being able to see him?
                      I'm saying that between the time that my father collapsed, that his work found him, called an ambulance, called my mother, he arrived at the hospital, she got the message, she called her mother and father, got stripped out of the hospital, drove out to where my father was, he'd already passed on.

**** happens asher. Yes, they were let in to see their partner and that's the important part.

Comment

I'm saying that between the time that my father collapsed, that his work found him, called an ambulance, called my mother, he arrived at the hospital, she got the message, she called her mother and father, got stripped out of the hospital, drove out to where my father was, he'd already passed on.

**** happens asher. Yes, they were let in to see their partner and that's the important part.
                        "**** happens" does not describe systematic laws and policies to ensure "**** always happens".

Your father is ****ing lucky he died without having to look at your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Your father is ****ing lucky he died without having to look at your face.
                          Whoa, boundaries!

I mean I know it's Ben, but...still, wow.

Comment

The visitation right of a married partner ALWAYS trumps everyone else's. This is NOT a special right.
                            Yes, it is a special right, which is why you are asking for it. If it wasn't a special right, then you wouldn't be asking for it. Again, you're not asking for equal treatment, but rather, special treatment. You want to be put at the front of the line.

This is why they should issue gay people special gay badges so that they and their partners can be identified before they get to the hospital to ensure that they don't have to wait. Matching badges - matching partners.

Comment

Ben shows no empathy or sympathy for anyone else, and even goes a step further by belittling them and their situations.

More people should treat Ben to his own medicine.

From what his brother said, his own family hates Ben and Ben has used them to get to Texas.

Comment

Yes, it is a special right, which is why you are asking for it. If it wasn't a special right, then you wouldn't be asking for it. Again, you're not asking for equal treatment, but rather, special treatment. You want to be put at the front of the line.

This is why they should issue gay people special gay badges so that they and their partners can be identified before they get to the hospital to ensure that they don't have to wait. Matching badges - matching partners.
                                Words cannot describe your stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X