Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've come to a conclusion that I'm against gay marriage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAS
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      You aren't correct. There are an excess amount of children available for adoption.
      While I am absolutely NOT siding with BK here, you're referring to older children in the U.S. or other Western nations, right? I hear it's ticklish to get children from overseas, even harder than adoption in general, and for good reason--there are all those nasty stories about kids getting kidnapped for childless, wealthy westerners. And IIRC, Romania banned international adoptions after a whole boatload of theirs got "adopted" by a ring of Italian perverts. That was something like a decade ago now, they mentioned it at my church...in any case, though, I imagine there are plenty of Black seven-year-olds waiting for parents in the US right now.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• In other news, the federal district court in Connecticut has ruled that there is no rational basis for DOMA, and that it is unconstitutional.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          And they always have autism. Don't know what goes on in Russia.
          Too many vaccines.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I hear it's ticklish to get children from overseas, even harder than adoption in general, and for good reason--there are all those nasty stories about kids getting kidnapped for childless, wealthy westerners. And IIRC, Romania banned international adoptions after a whole boatload of theirs got "adopted" by a ring of Italian perverts
            Oddly enough they adopted boys because the standards abroad were less strict.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben every person on here can see you are wrong regarding children available for adoption so to act as if your " point is conceded" Is laughable.
              When rah concedes my point it's pretty much all over for you. Seriously, that's the funniest part of all this - you're so threatened by me being right that you have to go back and say what you can say to try to paint me wrong.

You think people don't see that?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                While I am absolutely NOT siding with BK here, you're referring to older children in the U.S. or other Western nations, right? I hear it's ticklish to get children from overseas, even harder than adoption in general, and for good reason--there are all those nasty stories about kids getting kidnapped for childless, wealthy westerners. And IIRC, Romania banned international adoptions after a whole boatload of theirs got "adopted" by a ring of Italian perverts. That was something like a decade ago now, they mentioned it at my church...in any case, though, I imagine there are plenty of Black seven-year-olds waiting for parents in the US right now.

That's because it takes different strokes to move the world.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  When rah concedes my point it's pretty much all over for you. Seriously, that's the funniest part of all this - you're so threatened by me being right that you have to go back and say what you can say to try to paint me wrong.

One more time you moron. Please point out where I conceded your point and why you think it does. God, are you dense. I thought you had problems hearing, not reading and thinking. I guess I was wrong. Naw, I always knew you didn't think.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    And they always have autism. Don't know what goes on in Russia.
                    NO, it's just that Russian sounds like autism to the average wealthy mid-western childless couple. Next time send a kid who speaks English!!!!
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I hear it's ticklish to get children from overseas, even harder than adoption in general, and for good reason--
                      Of course it is harder. On an adoption within your own country, you have one set of rules to follow or maybe two if you go out of state or province but at least they are somewhat designed to be compatible. Going international means you have to satisfy two completely different sets of rules and they often shift. When my sister looked at doing international she saw how the countries from which Canada would allow adoption changed from time as did the countries that would allow Canadian adoptions. She also saw how some countries started to see exporting children as a money maker as new administrative fees of ten or twenty thousand dollars got imposed while other countries would suddenly close their doors when there were fears about so many children being adopted away.

Through all the changes there were always children available to adopt and she would have gone the international route except that she got put in contact with a pregnant woman seeking adoptive parents and now has two beautiful Innuit children
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

See rah's response.

I don't know what delusions you entertain but every poster that has posted on this point sees you as being clearly and obviously wrong.

But just for giggles why not restate the "point" you think you made or was conceded. Do it concisely and clearly with words like " my point was".

Because what you said was that there are a shortage of children available for adoption. That is obviously false unless you define children as some subset like " healthy white infants" or " children younger than 2 within the UNited States". But if someone wants to adopt a " child" meaning some individual less than 18,( or you could say 16 or 12 if you want) there is and pretty much always been, lots available
                        Last edited by Flubber; August 1, 2012, 12:45.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yep... there are ALWAYS children you can adopt... contrary to the BS that BK spits out of his ass... But I guess Ben and his Christian buddies only care about healthy white babies, and don't have any desire to adopt any other child that desperately needs parents. So he wants to reserve all the lily white healthy babies to good Christians... and not to people that don't believe in the same religion as his, or share the same beliefs on what's right and wrong. He's just a ****ing bigot.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Yep... there are ALWAYS children you can adopt... contrary to the BS that BK spits out of his ass... But I guess Ben and his Christian buddies only care about healthy white babies, and don't have any desire to adopt any other child that desperately needs parents. So he wants to reserve all the lily white healthy babies to good Christians... and not to people that don't believe in the same religion as his, or share the same beliefs on what's right and wrong. He's just a ****ing bigot.
                            You don't think you might be a bigot, do you?
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• One more time you moron. Please point out where I conceded your point and why you think it does.
                              When you stated that yes, there is a shortage of babies available for adoption. That was my point - you're trying to nitpick now to state that that wasn't my point because that would require admitting that I was right.

Comment

• But I guess Ben and his Christian buddies only care about healthy white babies, and don't have any desire to adopt any other child that desperately needs parents. So he wants to reserve all the lily white healthy babies to good Christians... and not to people that don't believe in the same religion as his, or share the same beliefs on what's right and wrong
                                The only one who's even mentioned race at all is you. I specifically stated there's a difference between domestic and foreign adoptions.

Are you stating that only white children exist in America?

Comment

Working...
                                X