Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should I Do With This Parking Boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Republican studies anything challenging in school.
    Physics > programming.

Do you ever tire of being wrong Asher?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Physics > programming.

Do you ever tire of being wrong Asher?
      If I had a degree in programming, you'd have a point.

Programming wasn't taught past CompSci 101.

You also didn't even get a physics degree. It was too hard for you...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Isn't that well known?

*ahem*

<<< Computer Science student
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

You also didn't even get a physics degree. It was too hard for you...
          Who said anything about earning a degree? You said, and I quote:

I took quite a few very challenging courses in my years of university. Yes, I switched majors in third year after ranking 7th of a class of 30 in the honors physics and astronomy program at UBC. I passed, but struggled that entire year. The 6 who went on did very well for themselves, and no the gap was not small between me and them. That is why I switched.

I don't see much shame in being the last cut from a difficult program. I could have been like you and shied away from doing anything really difficult and challenging myself.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            *ahem*

<<< Computer Science student
            I was right-wing at your age, too. If you have an analytical mind, you'll come around with time.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Who said anything about earning a degree? You said, and I quote:
              It was said in the context of degrees, you ****ing idiot...

This is why you can't have a real degree.

Comment

Also isn't KH a republican?

Comment

How can he be? He's not even American.

Comment

It was said in the context of degrees, you ****ing idiot...
                    And yet you shied away from using the term 'degree' in your post. Odd that. If you meant 'degree' then you should have used the word 'degree'.

Comment

How can he be? He's not even American.
                      Well, if you aren't equating 'conservative' = 'republican', that's a rather terrible argument.

Comment

I don't see much shame in being the last cut from a difficult program. I could have been like you and shied away from doing anything really difficult and challenging myself.
                        I do difficult things and challenge myself every ****ing day, Ben. I've got a technical team of over 35 people reporting to me (including those with MSc and PhDs) and I'm 28 years old. Do you think I get to do that by not doing anything difficult or challenging? I'm successful because that's exactly what I do -- seek out challenges and distinguish myself.

Meanwhile, what do you do? You study something difficult but transfer out when it got too tough to an arts degree. Then you move to the US to tutor indoctrinated children at some private Christian school in Texas? What the **** kind of challenge is that?

Comment

I was right-wing at your age, too. If you have an analytical mind, you'll come around with time.
                          Interesting, so Asher finally admits that he's a liberal.

Comment

Well, if you aren't equating 'conservative' = 'republican', that's a rather terrible argument.
                            Oh, sweet sodomizing Jesus, you are so ****ing stupid...

Comment

Interesting, so Asher finally admits that he's a liberal.

I'm a centrist, not a liberal. To Texans, I'm sure I'd look liberal...but that's because they're overwhelmingly right wing. I did vote for the Conservatives last time around (though I probably won't do that next time).

I was legitimately right wing long ago, as some here probably remember.

Comment

I do difficult things and challenge myself every ****ing day, Ben. I've got a technical team of over 35 people reporting to me (including those with MSc and PhDs) and I'm 28 years old. Do you think I get to do that by not doing anything difficult or challenging? I'm successful because that's exactly what I do -- seek out challenges and distinguish myself.
                                When was the last time you tried anything outside of your rather narrow and restricted field? You've expressed contempt - many times, for disciplines that you've never studied while shouting down those who have studied both. Personally, I think your philosophy of education is rather sad. You went to school, got a piece of paper with your name on it, but you might well have never attended for all the good it did you.

Meanwhile, what do you do? You study something difficult but transfer out when it got too tough to an arts degree. Then you move to the US to tutor indoctrinated children at some private Christian school in Texas? What the **** kind of challenge is that?
                                I teach a class of 15 middle school students in history.

For a deaf person? Pretty difficult, actually. I'm not aware of anyone else who is a deaf teacher teaching hearing students successfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X