Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should I Do With This Parking Boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Do With This Parking Boot?

Long story short I parked my car at a university garage thinking that I would be allowed to park there because I was speaking to a conservative student group, at their invitation and upon my request, without any form of compensation.

So what could go wrong? I get $200 and a free lunch and get out, right? I was MISTAKEN, a fact that became all too clear when I returned to my vehicle with one of the students and spotted a parking boot located on its rear left tire, because I had committed some form of parking violation sideways.

IF ZIP CAR HEARD ABOUT THIS MY MEMBERSHIP WOULD BE FINISHED. I had TWO HOURS to return the car or that would be STRIKE THREE FOR MY ACCOUNT, WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN SUSPENDED TWICE EVEN THOUGH I USED THEIR CORPORATE CODEWORD (For those not in the know, a corporate codeword is a word you use to indicate you are a relative of the company's owner/board chair/etc to get the operator to do what you want, WHICH IN THE CASE OF ZIP CAR IS "ORANGEBALL" IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO CALL IN AND GET THEM TO DETONATE EVERY ****ING ZIP CAR IN THE ****ING COUNTRY WHICH I RECOMMEND BASED ON MY EXPERIECNE WITH THESE DOUCHEBAGS SEE BELOW THANKS).

The student with me offered to make the boot go away and I accepted, foolishly because I had no idea whether he would damage the car and because it's never wise to trust men who wear shorts. Within about 20 minutes he was back with some tools, messed around with the hubcaps and took the boot off and put it in my trunk.

I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS SETTLED UNTIL I GOT A PHONE CALL A FEW HOURS LATER FROM A UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL TELLING ME SAMWISE TOLD THEM EVERYTHING, AND THEY ARE CALLING ZIPCAR TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP AND THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DRIVE THEIR SMARTCARS EVER AGAIN.

I have never been kicked out of anything, not the National Honors Society, not Phi Beta Cappa and DEFINITELY NOT A GOD DAMN CAR SERVICE.

Now look I STILL HAVE THE PARKING BOOT. I can guess where the university president's car is parked. I know MATH ISN'T YOU PEOPLE'S STRONG SWEETS, BUT I NEED SOME ADVICE ABOUT WHAT TO DO WITH THIS BOOT.

Priceless.

Sell it for scrap metal and deny all knowledge.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Seeing as how the Uni police know who you are already, and that you have their boot, I recommend returning it to them as undamaged as possible. Pay your ticket and be thankful you got this resolved without a collection agency coming after you. Because that is what university cops will do to you. They can't chase you down to collect or threaten jail time, they sell your ticket to a collection agency.

Comment

Why don't I just say I never saw a boot and that the kid has it? That way when I place it on the president's car they will expel him. Inter Arma Among Theives Silent Leges?

Comment

What does the collection agency do? Annoying phone calls?

Comment

Try explaining that to the collection agency just before they start ruining your credit.

Comment

My credit is impeccable. How can they ruin it over a ticket I never got?

Comment

This would be more of a problem if it was the worst problem you had, which it isn't; and some that are worse, you don't even recognize. Don't sweat this.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Is the boot going to detonate or something? What are you not telling me.

Comment

Yes, it's actually a terrorist boot. Their latest and greatest idea.

Comment

I'm surprised everyone missed the obvious.
                      Return the zip car, then pay the smarmy kid to put the boot back on. Deny deny deny.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The obvious is him doing the speech without compensation, but getting $200 to do it. Use the $200 non compensation and pay the fine.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Give the boot to the President of the club you were speaking to and tell him that if he doesn't fix this you'll see to it that his club never gets another nationally known conservative celebrity of your stature again to talk at their luncheons. Tell him that if he doesn't fix this he's going to wind up eating next to friggin' Joe Biden!
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

People, you're missing the important bit here.

Wiggy, you're Phi Beta Kappa? Doesn't that mean your degree is in the liberal arts & sciences?
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              People, you're missing the important bit here.

Wiggy, you're Phi Beta Kappa? Doesn't that mean your degree is in the liberal arts & sciences?
                              Isn't that well known?

No Republican studies anything challenging in school.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X