Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know that, a few years ago, if you Wiki'ed Chuck Norris you'd read a bunch of idiotic and unfunny jokes about his hyperbolic awesomeness?

EDIT: Wait a minute, Lone Star's claim is a flat-out lie. I just wiki'ed "Morning after pill" and it redirected me to the top of the article "Emergency contraception." An article which mentions RU-486 exactly once, when it says

Hormonal progestin-only and combined estrogen-progestin emergency contraceptives such as Yuzpe regimen or Plan B differ from the anti-hormonal drug mifepristone (also known as Mifeprex and RU-486). Yuzpe and progestin-only emergency contraception will have no effect if taken after implantation, whereas mifepristone can induce abortion if taken after implantation.
    A little digging reveals that (according to Wiki) 486 can be used as an emergency contraceptive, but in larger doses (the use for which is it infamous) is an abortifacient. So you could say 486 is a type of MAP...but not that the two are identical.
    Last edited by Elok; July 12, 2012, 11:51.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Did you know that, a few years ago, if you Wiki'ed Chuck Norris you'd read a bunch of idiotic and unfunny jokes about his hyperbolic awesomeness?
      That however is known FACT!
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Has anybody else thought about the irony that dinner is offeded by someone else having banned "critical thinking"?
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yes but thought the point too obvious to mention.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

dinner is offeded by someone else having banned "critical thinking"?
            Of course. He's critical of thinking.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

EDIT: Wait a minute, Lone Star's claim is a flat-out lie. I just wiki'ed "Morning after pill" and it redirected me to the top of the article "Emergency contraception." An article which mentions RU-486 exactly once, when it says
              Pfff, I'm sure that when I typed in MAP---->Morning After Pill----ECP article. I concede I was mistaken, especially since I can't find a recent alteration in the article history.

(which I was prepared to blame on you).
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                X