Tehey private shooils rea veyr good in teh US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Indeed, prior to the formation of the US - each tribe warred against each other. What do you think happened to the Native Americans who happened to belong to a tribe that lost a tribal war?

I'm unaware of any Native American tribe that expressed the concept of natural law and inalienable rights.
    Losing to another native tribe generally wouldn't be as bad as losing to the anglo invaders who only thought concepts like "natural law" and "inalienable rights" were applicable to people with white skin.

Comment

They should have some understanding of greek and latin, specifically the scientific terms that are derived from greek and latin. Wow, mind blown.
      How much time do science classes spend time explaining how the terminology comes about? Mostly they just say: X means Y. Memorize it! If you're lucky they'll explain the actual scientific relationship between X and Y, but never the language.

Students do better when you make the connection between the language they do know, and the foreign language that's in their exams. It stops being memorizing a second language that you never speak and use, and it becomes part of their own language.

A student who understands how it works should be able to translate that understanding to an exam, but they aren't going to be able to do that if they don't understand the relationship between what the question is asking to what they already know and understand.

100 years ago this wasn't a problem because everyone was taught this stuff. It could be realistically assumed that the student was familiar with greek and latin. Now? Not the case at all.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Losing to another native tribe generally wouldn't be as bad as losing to the anglo invaders who only thought concepts like "natural law" and "inalienable rights" were applicable to people with white skin.
        Apparently only the anglos engaged in slavery. Odd that. Slavery prior to Chaucer never existed anywhere, and certainly not in North America.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Apparently only the anglos engaged in slavery. Odd that. Slavery prior to Chaucer never existed anywhere, and certainly not in North America.
          No, I never implied that. If you would state your point plainly instead of being a sarcastic twit you would see how dumb it is. The fact that some native tribes enslaved members of other tribes doesn't prove that white rule was "liberation" because the colonists had plenty of slaves, including enslaved indians. However there were some native tribes that black slaves fled to in order to get their freedom. In any case, having a slave-owning republic invade your lands and steal your farm does not become "liberation" if your society already had the practice of slavery.

Comment

The fact that some native tribes enslaved members of other tribes doesn't prove that white rule was "liberation" because the colonists had plenty of slaves, including enslaved indians. However there were some native tribes that black slaves fled to in order to get their freedom. In any case, having a slave-owning republic invade your lands and steal your farm does not become "liberation" if your society already had the practice of slavery.
            The fact that Native Americans today have rights they never had previously does in fact mean they were liberated. You can rewrite history all you want, but that's a fact. Who gave Native Americans the right to vote? I bet you can't tell me.

Comment

The fact that Native Americans today have rights they never had previously does in fact mean they were liberated. You can rewrite history all you want, but that's a fact. Who gave Native Americans the right to vote? I bet you can't tell me.
              WTF? This is like claiming that being brought to America in chains was liberation for blacks because they would eventually, after several centuries, be allowed to vote.

Comment

I ask again:

Who gave Native Americans the right to vote? I bet you can't tell me.

Comment

Ben is a ******.

Many tribes had elected chieftains. This, and they were matriarchal/matrilineal.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

This is like claiming that being brought to America in chains was liberation for blacks because they would eventually, after several centuries, be allowed to vote.
                    Yeah, that's because they were grabbed by the anglos off the streets in Africa, where they were prevented from voting in their president. Oh wait...

Didn't America establish a whole new country for black people in Africa where they could be free? Imagine that. I wonder what they called it.

Comment

Many tribes had elected chieftains. This, and they were matriarchal/matrilineal.
                      Gosh, did they smoke grass and play White Rabbit over and over again?

You're talking about the Iroqois? What did the Iroquois do to the Algonquins? To the Hurons? To anyone who wasn't blessed to be born to the right tribe?

Didn't they kick their asses, kill their menfolk and listen to the lamentations of their women while carrying a really big sword?

Gosh, I bet they did!

Comment

Yeah, that's because they were grabbed by the anglos off the streets in Africa, where they were prevented from voting in their president. Oh wait...

Didn't America establish a whole new country for black people in Africa where they could be free? Imagine that. I wonder what they called it.
                        You have a bizarre unwillingness to address anything bad that was ever done by people who happened to be white.

Comment

You have a bizarre unwillingness to address anything bad that was ever done by people who happened to be white.
                          Apparently all white people are anglos. Are you saying that I'm bigoted against the French because they eat cheese, have a predeliction for white flags and have their foremost military heros as a Corsican, a woman and a saint cuckolded by the Anglos? Have you no decency?

Comment

Apparently all white people are anglos. Are you saying that I'm bigoted against the French because they eat cheese, have a predeliction for white flags and have their foremost military heros as a Corsican, a woman and a saint cuckolded by the Anglos? Have you no decency?
                            Are you drunk?

Comment

Gosh, did they smoke grass and play White Rabbit over and over again?

You're talking about the Iroqois? What did the Iroquois do to the Algonquins? To the Hurons? To anyone who wasn't blessed to be born to the right tribe?

Didn't they kick their asses, kill their menfolk and listen to the lamentations of their women while carrying a really big sword?

Gosh, I bet they did!
                              Glad we're agreed they were democratic.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Are you drunk?
                                Are you? Claiming that the Anglos were the only whites responsible for colonialism and then turning around and calling me bigoted? Seriously?

What have I said about Native Americans that is false? I've said that they often fought amongst each other, killed each other tried to exterminate one another, owned black slaves because they believed blacks to be inferior, (JUST LIKE WHITE PEOPLE).

Native Americans weren't noble savages, pure and untainted by the evils of european and anglo civilization that corrupted them into the capitalists they are today. Far from it. They were real people with wants and desires and prejudices and fears, just like white people in generals and anglos in particular.

Were white people wrong in much of what they did? Absolutely, but that doesn't absolve Native Americans for owning slaves. Unlike Native Americans - the anglos - the British, voluntarily ended the slave trade, extended voting rights to Native american people and black people, etc. For that they get the credit. Nobody else.

If that's a hard pill for the anglo haters, then deal with it. It's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X