Speer visits Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    If you leave cash on your table and a visitor takes it, he is not a thief?
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Better yet, you park your car on a public street and someone breaks in and steals it, he is not a thief? I mean you just left your car there. Does it make a difference if the window's open and the keys are in the glove compartment?
    If I build a machine that is supposed to control the distribution of money to people with credit at my institution, and I **** up and the machine gives more money than it's supposed to, isn't that my fault? Nobody broke in to a car, or took unguarded money off of a table. The bank gave it to him through their own incompetence.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'd say the man knew that the money wasn't really his when he was withdrawing it and gambling it away so that it should be considered theft. I would take the circumstances into account when deciding punishment and probably wouldn't be quite as harsh.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        The Argos? FTS. The Lions. Flutie was nothing short of awesome for them.

The Lions offence led the CFL in 11 different categories the year he was their starter!

The year after he left, they went 3-15.
        But his only 2 seasons with the Argos they won the Cup.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

But his only 2 seasons with the Argos they won the Cup.
          And his first season was with the Lions. Pity they didn't keep him. He only lost with the Lions because the defense collapsed in the West Semi-Final vs the Stamps. They were the only ones to beat the Argos that year.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            If I build a machine that is supposed to control the distribution of money to people with credit at my institution, and I **** up and the machine gives more money than it's supposed to, isn't that my fault? Nobody broke in to a car, or took unguarded money off of a table. The bank gave it to him through their own incompetence.

You gave a thief access to the money on your table through your own incompetence.

Sure, the bank is responsible for safeguarding access to its cash. People are also responsible for not taking things that do not belong to them or they have no legal right to.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ben, winning percentage doesn't mean ****. Over a third of Rivers' games were against AFC West opponents. Yeah beating the Raiders and Chiefs the past 10 years really means something

The AFC West over the past decade pales in comparison to the NFC East over that same period.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
              X