• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ben, all the numbers you need to know:

Eli: 2 Super Bowl rings
    Ben Roethlisberger: 2 Super Bowl rings
    Philip Rivers: *crickets*
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Nice situation ethics, dude. Poor data/access security is not permission for grand larceny.
      Not to mention, the bank did eat the loss. Doesn't make a thief innocent.
      What are banks for, if not security? If a bank sucks at security, then it sucks at being a bank.

Also, the man was ordered to pay back the bank, so they're not eating the loss. I mean, realistically they are, since the dude's not likely to pay the money back, but whatever.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

If you leave cash on your table and a visitor takes it, he is not a thief?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Better yet, you park your car on a public street and someone breaks in and steals it, he is not a thief? I mean you just left your car there. Does it make a difference if the window's open and the keys are in the glove compartment?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Does this have something to do with me because I worked at a bank?

Okay. Next time a priest molestation scandal comes out (probably tomorrow), I'll be sure to title it "Ben visits a little boy's genitals"
            Obviously you're a fraudster and a reckless gambler. In Benland.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
              People are so dumb when something like this happens.

He should have taken the cash with him to a country with no extradition treaty with the US.
              Are there any decent countries that don't have extradition treaties with the US? Maybe Russia isn't so bad...

Comment

So Eli > Dan Marino. Good to know.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So Eli > Dan Marino. Good to know.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

My point is given by your own admission that they are similar statistically, the fact that Eli and Big Ben have won the SB twice each is pretty damning for Rivers and gives them the edge. Two SB victories by QB's their age is really nothing to sniff at. And a 3rd for each of them is hardly a stretch of the imagination.

And as good as the Steelers and Giants have been over the past decade, it's not like the Chargers haven't had good teams this whole time. Rivers has had the benefit of one of the greatest RB's of all time, the greatest TE of all time, and a consistently good defense. Frankly, Eli's and Big Ben's weapons pale in comparison to Rivers', especially if Vincent Jackson was as good as you always claimed he is.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      In Ben's fantasy land the Toronto Argonauts won the Super Bowl.
                      Led by Doug Flutie no less.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Hey Ben, how does it feel that Rivers is now up there with JP Losman as the worst QB's of that draft class?

Eli for Rivers and a pick that became Shawn Merriman... freaking fleecing of the decade.
                        Up until this post, you were doing pretty well. Then it all fell apart.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Up until this post, you were doing pretty well. Then it all fell apart.
                          Talk to me when Tony Romo's hand has a SB ring on it.

Comment

You really fixate, don't you?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My point is given by your own admission that they are similar statistically, the fact that Eli and Big Ben have won the SB twice each is pretty damning for Rivers and gives them the edge. Two SB victories by QB's their age is really nothing to sniff at. And a 3rd for each of them is hardly a stretch of the imagination.
                              Eli's winning percentage is .580. Average winning percentage of playoff eligible teams is .625.

He's had 4 seasons where he would qualify, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010.

Rivers has 3 seasons, 14-2, 11-5, 13-3, despite having a winning percentage of .656

Eli has a 43 percent chance (ignoring his rookie season), of getting a 10 win season. Over 7 seasons, we'd expect to see exactly 3. He has 4. Rivers has about a 75 percent chance of getting a 10 win season, every season. He has 3 so far.

Statistics show that Rivers is unlucky, while Eli is lucky. All else being considered equal.

a consistently good defense
                              Aahahahahahahahahahaha.

No. Sorry.

Eli has been carried by his defense all his career. Rivers last year was all they had, no defense, no rb, no receivers.

Comment

Led by Doug Flutie no less.
                                The Argos? FTS. The Lions. Flutie was nothing short of awesome for them.

The Lions offence led the CFL in 11 different categories the year he was their starter!

The year after he left, they went 3-15.

Comment

Working...
                                X