• Al, just admit that you buy GQ.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
      Al, just admit that you buy GQ.
      Nope but my nickname was 'GQ' at one job I worked at.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• All right, that's possibly a reason why I should care how my dress clothes fit--though I've never had a problem with them. It does not explain why you should care.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I'm curious. I struggle to find well-fitting clothes so it must be impossible to you. Unless you know something I don't.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I buy mediums. I put them on. I guess they billow a little around the bottom like your illustration--if that's what makes them ill-fitting--but honestly, nobody seems to care. My wife says I look nice when I put on one of my better dress shirts, and that's fine by me. However, I would never wear those hideous pants, and certainly not with a diagonally-striped tie.
            1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I'm about 140, not 136. Before I left for Lima I was closer to 150, but I had a definite belly. It came from all those damn lunch breaks I took as a sub, and at the Census before that. Normally I eat a small breakfast, a good-sized dinner and light snacks; two actual meals a day screws me up. Anyway, it fell right off once I returned to my normal pattern.

I've never had much of a problem getting clothes, except when buying suits, where I'm a very irregular size. But since I almost never buy suits, that's not much of a problem. I wear standard size medium shirts, both t-shirts and dress shirts--just checked my Lyle & Scott from the closet next to me, it's a medium and it fits fine AFAICT. Nobody ever said it looked weird on me, anyway. Since I'm high-waisted and skinny, my pants size is a bit uncommon. I think I'm a 32/34 or some such; of course, I favor a looser fit for comfort. Even so, most stores have at least a couple of pairs in that size for most styles. Besides, I just buy jeans most of the time, and they're forgiving on size to some extent.
              Wow, I'm skinnier than you and I've got two stone on you - what happened there!?
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Last edited by MOBIUS; July 17, 2012, 05:02.

Comment

Last edited by MOBIUS; July 17, 2012, 05:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Nope but my nickname was 'GQ' at one job I worked at.
                    You do know that GQ is a magazine for men who like looking at attractive well-dressed men, but are afraid to admit to themselves why, don't you? They were calling you a closet case.
                    Seriously, Al, good fit is good, but paying so mucb attention to your clothes puts girls off. Leave them something to work with.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      Wow, I'm skinnier than you and I've got two stone on you - what happened there!?
                      Different sizes on the other side of the pond? You like your clothes tighter? Beats me.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• I would have thought inches are inches on either side of the pond. I can understand having looser fitting clothes, but not around the waist, I hate that bunching you get when you wear a belt - unless you're into that awful fashion of wearing your trousers halfway down your ass...?

Comment

• I pretty much always wear a belt--my butt stays covered.
                          1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            I would have thought inches are inches on either side of the pond. I can understand having looser fitting clothes, but not around the waist, I hate that bunching you get when you wear a belt - unless you're into that awful fashion of wearing your trousers halfway down your ass...?
                            We already established he looks like the dude in the picture with his billowing shirt.

Comment

Working...
                            X