• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    He's never had his dog die.
    He's wished for dogs to die.

He's never had a wife leave him.
    His prostitute wouldn't have sex with him.

He's never owned a pickup truck.
    He's... been on buses that were cut off by pickup trucks?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Uh, he doesn't drink!
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Never learned to shoot a gun...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• If he wants to serve so badly he should join the Coast Guard.

Comment

• I'll give you this much, Al: rap might be a sad excuse for a musical genre, but at least it's original. Country is just bad pop music hiding from itself behind a flimsy wall of cornball twang and resentful redneck bravado. Weeeelll them city folk, they want us to bathe reg'lar/and shoot our dogs when they get smelly sores/but stupid city slickers best remember/that we got guns, and Jesus rode diiiiii-noooo-saaauuurrsss...
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• To be fair having marines who can't swim, shoot a gun, drive a vehicle or even ride a bike could welcome in a whole new era of American foreign policy.

Comment

• I don't know what you guys think the process is for officer selection but none of what you're saying makes any sense.

This is no 'impossible' dream. I was selected twice before. I'm obviously qualified.

And no, past attendance of OCS does not hurt my package.

All branches are very tough right now with the reduction in force. The son of the HR manager at my current job was an Army ROTC drop and I talked to an Army ROTC guy at the gym who also said half his ROTC platoon was recently dropped. Fortunately, their scholarships are still valid but they don't need many officers right now so even the Army is not commissioning guys who have put in 3-4 years in ROTC.

They're still going full tilt on the 4 years down the line projections, hence why college freshmen shouldn't be having too much trouble signing up for ROTC, but it's different for college grads and near-grads.

So if it's like that for the Army, one can imagine how it is for the Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.

Nevertheless, my SAT and GPA scores are very competitive and my PFT is respectable. My OSO wouldn't have submitted my package if he didn't feel I was competitive enough.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 13, 2012, 09:14.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I repeat: Is there a point at which you would actually give up?
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Especially seeing as you failed twice at the time they were actually crying out for people - you know you're in trouble when you can't make your way into an army during wartime!

You'd better hope the Republicans get in so they can get on with finally declaring war on Iran...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Ugh, I don't like that I'm on the same side as MOBIUS here. I'm going to stop harassing you based on your personal life, Speer. I apologize.

Comment

• Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Sweet! Another thanked post. I'll sleep soundly tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            Especially seeing as you failed twice at the time they were actually crying out for people - you know you're in trouble when you can't make your way into an army during wartime!

You'd better hope the Republicans get in so they can get on with finally declaring war on Iran...
                            Getting injured is not failing.

Again, no one here except for Pax knows anything about this so none of you can speak on it.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• When has lack of actual knowledge of something ever stopped someone from posting an opinion about something on Poly? Geeze
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                I'll give you this much, Al: rap might be a sad excuse for a musical genre, but at least it's original. Country is just bad pop music hiding from itself behind a flimsy wall of cornball twang and resentful redneck bravado. Weeeelll them city folk, they want us to bathe reg'lar/and shoot our dogs when they get smelly sores/but stupid city slickers best remember/that we got guns, and Jesus rode diiiiii-noooo-saaauuurrsss...
                                Yeah, I think you're talking about pop country, not country...
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X