Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catholic church condones child rape and is against the abortion that will save her life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the worst Poly thread in a long long time
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      For the record, I'm also not amused by the apparent glee with which Moby reported the story. "Oooh, a gruesome tale of child-rape, abortion, and injustice! I can't wait to use it to score cheap points off the most-easily-scored-on poster on this site!"

Of course, that pales in comparison to BK's ongoing effort to defend the utterly indefensible, but everybody was pointing that out, so...
      This. I agree with this.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Gosh, loinburger disagreeing with me. Stop the presses.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

People more than disagree with you, Ben. You are reprehensible and a sad human being.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One of my favorite lines from the church is, "It is a sad case but the real problem is that the twins conceived were two innocent persons. Life must always be protected."

Why is it that the life of the rape victim -- also an innocent victim -- is never addressed?

And in what twisted universe is traumatic, repeated, incestuous rape only punishable by the state, but the resulting pregnancy is somehow defended as "God's will" by sanctimonious preachers with, you should pardon the expression, no skin in the game?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

People more than disagree with you, Ben. You are reprehensible and a sad human being.
              Let's get this straight. I'm reprehensible because I want to save the lives of both of her children in the womb? Really? If it can be done safely, and medical experts who are trained in this field say this can be done, why not?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Why is it that the life of the rape victim -- also an innocent victim -- is never addressed?
                Better question - how does abortion unrape the rape victim? Does it treat her trauma in any way?

I agree - she should be treated with counseling and put in the care of people who are going to look after her - not exploit her, as the abortion doctor did here.

And in what twisted universe is traumatic, repeated, incestuous rape only punishable by the state, but the resulting pregnancy is somehow defended as "God's will" by sanctimonious preachers with, you should pardon the expression, no skin in the game?
                So preachers should just shut up about abortion, is what you are saying? Keep their mouth shut, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Let's get this straight. I'm reprehensible because I want to save the lives of both of her children in the womb? Really? If it can be done safely, and medical experts who are trained in this field say this can be done, why not?
                  Because the vast majority agree it could not be done.

You would risk the life of the raped mother to bring a small chance of survival to the offspring of rape.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Better question - how does abortion unrape the rape victim? Does it treat her trauma in any way?

I agree - she should be treated with counseling and put in the care of people who are going to look after her - not exploit her, as the abortion doctor did here.
                    Yeah, the evil predatory abortion doctor laughed with evil glee as he was given the delightful opportunity to perform an abortion on a sexy 9 year old girl, rawr!

He probably ****ed the fetus nine ways to sunday, too. Heathens are like that, amiright?

Comment

Because the vast majority agree it could not be done.
                      Then why is a licensed obstetician and not an abortion doctor saying that it can be done? This is why they get second opinions from people who don't have a vested interest in doing abortions.

You would risk the life of the raped mother to bring a small chance of survival to the offspring of rape.
                      I trust the opinion of the doctors who have far more experience in these sorts of things, that it can be done safely with less risk than the average pregnancy. I don't call that a small chance of the survival of the mother or her children. I'm talking almost certainly being able to save all three.

Also - the chance of abortion killing the mother, is not negligible either. It's a significant risk that needs to be taken into consideration. If you would kill the mother and her two children through abortion - how are you doing anything to help her?
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 28, 2012, 18:15.

Comment

Yeah, the evil predatory abortion doctor laughed with evil glee as he was given the delightful opportunity to perform an abortion on a sexy 9 year old girl, rawr!
                        You failed to answer the question, asher. How does getting an abortion treat the girl's physical and emotional trauma?

Comment

You are a stupid, evil man who will either burn in Hell or rot in the grave having wasted your life believing in Heaven.

Comment

You failed to answer the question, asher. How does getting an abortion treat the girl's physical and emotional trauma?
                            This is such a tough question to answer.

I can't imagine how bringing twins to term in an 9 year olds' body would have physical and emotional consequences. Knowing that she's the mother of two people that were fathered by repeated rapes would probably help her come to terms with her ordeal and give a sense of closure.

Your empathy is endless.

Comment

You are a stupid, evil man who will either burn in Hell or rot in the grave having wasted your life believing in Heaven.
                              Then I shall have your company.

Comment

I can't imagine how bringing twins to term in an 9 year olds' body would have physical and emotional consequences.
                                Not the question, asher. How does abortion treat her physical and emotional trauma?

Knowing that she's the mother of two people that were fathered by repeated rapes would probably help her come to terms with her ordeal and give a sense of closure.
                                Well, gee - many women who have been raped report that yes - bringing the child to term, and raising the child was fulfilling for them. They didn't blame their child for something that had nothing to do with them - they blamed their rapist. They said that it brought good from evil.

Your empathy is endless.
                                Well, let's see. Abortion has it's own physical and emotional consequences on top of the rape. So rather then alleviating her problems, you are increasing them. There are studies showing that women after having an abortion are 6x as likely to commit suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X