Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a rape/incest exception be implemented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
    Corporate personhood has nothing whatsoever to do with the moral notion of personhood. Corporate personhood is nothing more than saying "the corporation can enter into contracts as one entity, rather than forcing each individual shareholder to sign his name on every contract".
    QFMFT. The liberal objection over "corporate personhood" is insane.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      IIRC the majority of rapes go unreported, so that still leaves the majority of victims without the option of abortion. But that's probably the "best" option, yeah.
      How could we possibly know that, if they are unreported?

(genuinely curious here)
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        QFMFT. The liberal objection over "corporate personhood" is insane.
        Claiming the right to free speech is violated if corporate "people" can't donate unlimited amounts of money to politicians is insane.

Comment

(genuinely curious here)
          Women typically regret getting knocked up and claim they were raped five weeks later. That is what an unreported rape is.

Comment

From a pro-life perspective, how can one morally support an exception on any grounds other than life of the mother?
            Agreed. I don't understand this either. A child is a child. How the child was conceived doesn't change the status of the child.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

For incest, you can take a tissue sample in utero and do a paternity test.
              That would entail a miscarriage risk.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

(genuinely curious here)
                IIUC, they don't report it to the police, but will talk about it to studies/surveys/polls which promise confidentiality.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You would be surprised how many women claim even in studies that they were raped as a means of convincing themselves that they are not responsible for having a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Claiming the right to free speech is violated if corporate "people" can't donate unlimited amounts of money to politicians is insane.
                    The right to free speech is violated when the government can literally ban books.

Comment

It would mean the government is able to prevent how much the corporate-owned New York Times can print in terms of editorials about the President. The law concerning the Citizens United decision was used to prevent the promotion of a film which was critical of a sitting senator (Hillary Clinton). How's that for insanity?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        From the perspective of a medical exam, a woman who was raped typically looks no different from any other woman.
                        I was going to say that you could look for trauma around the throat, but then I remembered Cheryl.

Comment

Sorry for the poorly worded digression, boys. I accept my beating.
                          Carry on.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Sorry for the poorly worded digression, boys. I accept my beating.
                            Carry on.
                            Take this man to the infinite labyrinth of eternal ice.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

If corporations are people then they should pay the same tax rates as people.

If they want to admit they're not people then they can continue essentially paying zero net taxes.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X