Republicans really do hate gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Plenty of honest men and women have gotten themselves into trouble by defending themselves and their families against home invaders through the use of deadly force. Why? Because government doesn't protect the honest.

How exactly does the state protect me from getting murdered or killed? Someone seeing me and calling 911 and hopefully getting to the hospital before I expire?
    Plenty of people get charged with murder and even face the death penalty for their crimes. There's a significant difference in the safety people have in the US and the safety people have in Mexico, in part because the US has a much more effective government. The state deters people from killing you by threatening to catch killers and put them in prison or execute them. And in the Texas you are in fact allowed to use lethal force in self defense if someone invades your home.

Comment

• Ben gets another.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        It's nice to be able to demonize your opponents.

If this were the case, then why does there exist people like myself who believes the hypothetical is true, does not support gay marriage based on it somehow being discriminatory not to allow a man to marry another man, and yet still be in favor due to the social benefits.

I wonder what % of the those who are in favor of gay marriage are in favor for reasons other than thinking that it would be discriminatory not to allow a man to marry another man...

jM
        Frankly, if you are for gay marriage because being against gay marriage is "discrimination", you're an idiot. You should be for gay marriage because it makes lots of people happy and costs nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Considering Leviticus appears to be against same sex relationships in general, I'm guessing marriage would be right out as well.
          And yet I'm pretty sure it's not explicitly proscribed because the very phrase "same-sex marriage" would have been considered a contradiction in terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
            Frankly, if you are for gay marriage because being against gay marriage is "discrimination", you're an idiot. You should be for gay marriage because it makes lots of people happy and costs nothing.
            You should be against discrimination because it's unfair and makes a lot of people unhappy for no purpose. That's not really something that should have to be explained.

Comment

• [COMMENT][/COMMENT]
              Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Stop claiming this. Gay marriage upsets people too. More than it makes happy.

Comment

• The difference is that gay marriage upsets people who are completely unaffected by gay marriage. It only upsets nosy, judgmental, backwards *********, who frankly deserve to be made upset, every second, every minute, every hour, every day of their pathetic, miserable little lives. **** every last one of them, forever and ever, amen.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  The difference is that gay marriage upsets people who are completely unaffected by gay marriage. It only upsets nosy, judgmental, backwards *********, who frankly deserve to be made upset, every second, every minute, every hour, every day of their pathetic, miserable little lives. **** every last one of them, forever and ever, amen.
                  I get what you're saying, I'd just be a bit hesitant to damn people like Billy Graham for eternity. You should consider the possibility that they're just old and stuck in their ways. We're all gonna be that way at some point, which is a bit of a sobering thought.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Defending traditional marriage against gay marriage is kind of like standing on the walls of the Alamo with a rifle to fend off illegal immigrants. That fort was lost a long time ago, and the people we're scared of now have neither the desire nor the ability to do any more damage.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I get what you're saying, I'd just be a bit hesitant to damn people like Billy Graham for eternity. You should consider the possibility that they're just old and stuck in their ways. We're all gonna be that way at some point, which is a bit of a sobering thought.
                      Believe it or not, non-bigoted old people who don't cling to old prejudices do exist. Being old is no excuse.

Comment

The difference is that gay marriage upsets people who are completely unaffected by gay marriage. It only upsets nosy, judgmental, backwards *********, who frankly deserve to be made upset, every second, every minute, every hour, every day of their pathetic, miserable little lives. **** every last one of them, forever and ever, amen.
                        Sounds like you are the judgmental one.

Comment

• Yes. I am prejudiced against people who are prejudiced. It is I who is the real monster.

IT IS A CONUNDRUM.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• There's nothing prejudiced or nosy about supporting a policy that does not directly affect you. For example, I support decreasing foreign aid, even though it hardly affects the deficit, much less me.

Comment

Also the upset people will forget about it pretty quickly.

Comment

• And the gay people will grow bored of marriage, too.

There's a lot to be said for the idea that large swaths of people actually like to feel discriminated against. It gives them something to be fired up about. They also like having an excuse to blame others for being 'down' in the world. Women are a good example of this, as are blacks and gays.

Comment

Working...
                                X