No announcement yet.

President Obama Announces Support for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd still say we'd be best off with a Platonic oligarchy of experts. The problem is such dictatorships tend to become corrupt and murdering... maybe a society ruled by a superintelligent AI will the answer? Elok?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      I'd still say we'd be best off with a Platonic oligarchy of experts. The problem is such dictatorships tend to become corrupt and murdering... maybe a society ruled by a superintelligent AI will the answer? Elok?
      If I can be one of the experts, I think you've got a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        If I can be one of the experts, I think you've got a great idea.
        PhD's only.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

PhD's only.
          Okay. People with postgraduate educations tend to vote Democratic anyway.

Comment

Dick Cheney is awesome

Kentonio knows nothing, but we already knew that.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Are you asking me about superintelligent AI, or suggesting I run society? If the former, I suggest turning to Lori, or to Loin if Lori gets an obvious boner from discussing it. If the latter, there's no way I'm desperate enough to take THAT job.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Ya'll are ignoring the important issue here: what are Biden's chances of being on the ticket again after forcing Obama to make this announcement? I imagine they're not good; Obama can't be happy about Joe's big mouth potentially jeopardizing his re-election.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Dick Cheney is awesome
                  The two of you should go hunting together.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    Ya'll are ignoring the important issue here: what are Biden's chances of being on the ticket again after forcing Obama to make this announcement? I imagine they're not good; Obama can't be happy about Joe's big mouth potentially jeopardizing his re-election.
                    Joe's big mouth was hardly a secret before he was initially picked for VP. And this is hardly the first dumb thing Biden has done. And I would think that forcing Biden off the ticket would be a bigger embarrassment to the administration than just keeping him locked up and doing damage control whenever they accidentally let him talk in public.

Comment

Has anyone ever changed vice presidents midstream like that? It seems pointless to me; Cheney's the only veep I know of whose job wasn't basically to wait until eight years were over and/or somebody killed the president.
                      1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        The two of you should go accidental shotgun dueling together.
                        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          FTFY
                          Um, I think that was the joke and you just killed it. You monster.
                          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Um, I think that was the joke and you just killed it. You monster.
                            I know it was the joke. Just trying to establish to kentonio that I don't hold it against dick cheney that he has a twitchy trigger finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              99%

He was probably just testing the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                Brave move going into the general election (ignoring his flip flopping on the issue and kind of being pressured into it by Biden's big mouth).

Not so brave as you might think. Recent polling shows gay marriage is supported by a small majority of Americans, and a significant majority of Independents. It is a very savvy move, putting Romney on the spot and giving Obama an advantage with the political center.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X