No announcement yet.

President Obama Announces Support for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I always heard Buchanan was the first gay president too.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well someone brought me a DVD from today's service at some Baptist Black church (yes, they sell the DVD's; yes, Black churches are terrible). The preacher spoke about Obama and said Obama will hold a press conference when he sees Christ and publicly change his mind. He urged the congregation to pray for Obama.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Comment

• The preacher specifically said "We don't have to write letters or march. We're just going to pray because God will come through... we don't need any special interest groups because we have God."

To me, it would be a lot more damning if he urged his congregation to oppose Obama but he didn't. Just pray the sin away.

The person who brought me the DVD was convinced it means the Black churches will oppose Obama. She said the preacher's words were very damning to Obama but I didn't get that at all. Sounds to me like just pray for him and he'll eventually change; vote for him, doesn't matter; God will take care of him.

She said I don't understand Black churches, though.

Also, the Jehovah's Witnesses came by (two old Black women) door to door after Obama's announcement and asked people if religion and politics should mix. Of course, the answer (and their answer, being Witnesses) is no.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Are they going to stop believing him when his prediction turns out to be wrong and God doesn't change Obama's mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Are they going to stop believing him when his prediction turns out to be wrong and God doesn't change Obama's mind?
              They're Christians. Of course not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Well someone brought me a DVD from today's service at some Baptist Black church (yes, they sell the DVD's; yes, Black churches are terrible). The preacher spoke about Obama and said Obama will hold a press conference when he sees Christ and publicly change his mind. He urged the congregation to pray for Obama.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  What?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    How does having HIV affect whether or not a person is attractive?
                    STDs are gross, dude, especially the deadly ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X