President Obama Announces Support for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Yes, Obama "flip-flopped" on this issue by switching from the slightly bigoted civil union position to the non-bigoted same sex marriage position. This puts him on the same level as Romney how....?
    As a flip flopper on political issues. I think most people believe he was for same sex marriage but argued against it (and in 2008 he did say he thought marriage was only between a man and woman) for political gain.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, everything most politicians say is for political gain. Doh.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        As a flip flopper on political issues. I think most people believe he was for same sex marriage but argued against it (and in 2008 he did say he thought marriage was only between a man and woman) for political gain.
        So he's a liar? Thanks.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Obama already flip-flopped on public campaign financing in the previous election, how is this shocking?

Comment

Yes, Obama "flip-flopped" on this issue by switching from the slightly bigoted civil union position to the non-bigoted same sex marriage position. This puts him on the same level as Romney how....?
            Obama's personal views were probably always in favor of gay marriage.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly View Post
              That's a good explanation for Cheney's position. It's a horrible excuse for why it took a Democratic president years to come to the same tentative position. What, Obama has no gay friends or colleagues? The Democrats are supposed to be the party of empathy -- that's certainly how they see themselves. What took him so long?

And, you know, forget Cheney. This is the position my 80-year-old, high-school-educated Catholic mother holds (no gay kids for her, either), and has held for years. Really, the president is lagging behind my mother on this issue?
              Oh, I won't defend Obama's slow "evolution." But you all lag behind me when it comes to civil rights, anyway. I believe in equal rights for a whole class of entities that don't currently exist and which no one cares about!
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I support all those rights which no one has any notion of yet, because I'm afraid history will look back on me unkindly for failing to recognize the obviousness of something nobody has realized yet. I'm just playing it safe.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Obama already flip-flopped on public campaign financing in the previous election, how is this shocking?
                  But he's the messiah! Obamania in Obamerica!
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    I support all those rights which no one has any notion of yet, because I'm afraid history will look back on me unkindly for failing to recognize the obviousness of something nobody has realized yet. I'm just playing it safe.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm just curious about those who want to hammer Romney constantly on flip flopping (as an activity, not on the positions he ends up with).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        But he's the messiah! Obamania in Obamerica!
                        Romney is the opposite of a messiah. He plans on ruining America for the benefit of the 1% you'll never be a part of

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          I'm just curious about those who want to hammer Romney constantly on flip flopping (as an activity, not on the positions he ends up with).
                          They're either Republicans who haven't accepted that the primary is over or they're stupid. They should hammer him for being out of touch and for being a Republican who supports religious nutjobs and rich men.

Comment

People on my facebook feed keep praising this. Where was the praise for Dick Cheney?

Oh wait, Dick Cheney is Hitler and Obama is Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              People on my facebook feed keep praising this. Where was the praise for Dick Cheney?

Oh wait, Dick Cheney is Hitler and Obama is Jesus.
                              Obama is a usually decent person who declined to support the right thing until now for political reasons. Cheney is a monster who supported one good thing. Why should they be treated the same? Cheney supported torture for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                Obama is a usually decent person who declined to support the right thing until now for political reasons. Cheney is a monster who supported one good thing. Why should they be treated the same? Cheney supported torture for goodness sake.
                                Yes. Cheney only supported it because of his daughter. Nepotism

Comment

Working...
                                X