No announcement yet.

New US anti discrimination laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the correct demonym is "American" not "USer." I have never before seen or heard that term.

Comment

I know, but I like puns.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Guns do more than kill. I mainly put holes in paper with them.
        Guns don't kill people. Holes do.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.co...gbt-ask-ellen/
          ^ 30 states where you can be fired for being gay.

http://www.theind.com/index.php?opti...rter&Itemid=93
          Louisiana ^

http://www.ncgala.org/guide/guidemployment.htm
          North Carolina ^

I'll let you do the rest. You are wrong. I accept your apology.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

A bicycle isn't a product wich only have one purpose - to kill.
            So you'd ban bows?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              So you'd ban bows?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	pink_bow_from_tie_warehouse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	9093276
              No.

Comment

No.
                Why not? The only purpose of an archery bow is to kill.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Hilarious. This was on the Daily Show the other day. In America, you can fire someone for loving someone of the same sex, but not for bringing a gun to work. Carrying guns is protected by the Constitution, but same sex relationships are illegal in most states. You don't even have to be in a relationship, just self identified as gay or lesbian to lose jobs is many US states. F*cking amazing! Why do you USers put up with this stupid sh*t?
                  Same sex relationships are illegal? Prove this.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Here's a thought, how about instead of stupid ass laws setting out what you can't fire people for, why not just pass laws that lay out what people CAN be fired for?

Comment

I know the UK is desperate for more business, but this isn't going to work. China, India, and Mexico are still more attractive.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        Here's a thought, how about instead of stupid ass laws setting out what you can't fire people for, why not just pass laws that lay out what people CAN be fired for?
                        Because people should in general be able to be fired on an employer's whim for the sake of efficient business.

Comment

Firing someone on a whim is not efficient business.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well, yes, but neither are lawsuits over why someone was fired.

Comment

Which is an excellent incentive.
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X