Russian Anti-Terror troops deployed to Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, as I said...

The difference is the South Korean government ISN'T (PRESENT TENSE!!!!) shooting protesters and BEING (PRESENT TENSE!!!!) condemned by the international community.

I'll just chalk your mistake up to unfamiliarity with the English language.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Again, as I said...

The difference is the South Korean government ISN'T (PRESENT TENSE!!!!) shooting protesters and BEING (PRESENT TENSE!!!!) condemned by the international community.
      It's totally irellevant if it's present tense or not. The proper comparison is a dictature supported by usa/russia killing civilians. Comparing with todays South Korea is idiotic since it is a reasonably well functioning democracy.

Cute, you are destroyed and grasp for lack of language understanding as a last resort
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Russian military. Pssh. Paper bear.
        How would you know? Does being a wannabe marine make you an expert on military strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          How would you know? Does being a wannabe marine make you an expert on military strategy?
          Well, Al is an expert in many areas - foreign toilets, right to kill innocent people etc.

Edit: forgot pets
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Being an expert in military strategy wouldn't help him to analyze whether the Russian military is a "paper bear" or not. Being an expert on military capabilities, on the other hand, would help. Apparently making snarky comments on the internet doesn't make one an expert on proper nomenclature...

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
              Being an expert in military strategy wouldn't help him to analyze whether the Russian military is a "paper bear" or not. Being an expert on military capabilities, on the other hand, would help. Apparently making snarky comments on the internet doesn't make one an expert on proper nomenclature...
              Why would it?

Comment

Having thousands of nukes automatically makes you a legitimate power.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  Having thousands of nukes automatically makes you a legitimate power.
                  Having one does too...ask North Korea.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

North Korea has like...four, and more importantly, no long range delivery systems.

The fact is that we aren't doing a calculus where we're trading cities; we're doing a calculus where any nuclear weapons exploding in our borders is unacceptable.

North Korea's chemical weapons are a lot more dangerous than its nuclear weapons. We don't complain about chemical weapons, though, because they're easy to make so controlling them is impossible.

In terms of conventional capabilities, Russia's military is pathetic because it consists primarily of poorly paid, poorly motivated conscripts with a high rate of desertion led by corrupt and incompetent officers.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      Having one does too...ask North Korea.
                      No, that just gets you some food and fuel...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        North Korea has like...four, and more importantly, no long range delivery systems.
                        Yeah, I guess that satellite launch coming up is for purely scientific study. I would bet a dollar to a donunt that the satellite weighs about the same as one of their nukes.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          In terms of conventional capabilities, Russia's military is pathetic because it consists primarily of poorly paid, poorly motivated conscripts with a high rate of desertion led by corrupt and incompetent officers.
                          It will all depend on the war you want to fight. A deployment of a small force, like this one, is done using the other part of the force, and a large scale war, with general mobilisation, solves the problem of pay and motivation, and the officers are replaced with better ones when they die in the first month. It's the wars in between that are problematic.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            It will all depend on the war you want to fight. A deployment of a small force, like this one, is done using the other part of the force, and a large scale war, with general mobilisation, solves the problem of pay and motivation, and the officers are replaced with better ones when they die in the first month. It's the wars in between that are problematic.
                            With today's weapons a good part of a poorly led army's firepower would be gone after the first month. Russia will most likely not get involved in a major land war and for anything else they will win as they always do...brute force and sheer numbers.

Comment

Again, as I said...

Dude, the troops were there waaay back then, too. Your argument is not just not pertinent to the argument I was trying to make, it is based on false premises to boot.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                                With today's weapons a good part of a poorly led army's firepower would be gone after the first month. Russia will most likely not get involved in a major land war and for anything else they will win as they always do...brute force and sheer numbers.
                                Nobody is going to win a major land war if there is one. Everything on the surface will go from zero to a million degrees faster than you can call me an idiot.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X