No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's safe to say that whatever can be proved will decide the case.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      I think it's safe to say that whatever can be proved will decide the case.
      The voice will trump all. There's no way it's murder 2 if Z is calling for help. There's no way it's not murder 2 if T is calling for help. Wounds or not, sketchy witnesses or not. The calls for help and the following shot are right there on the call. All that remains is to determine who's calling for help to determine the nature of the shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Looking like second degree murder charges. That's what almost all of us figured.

Oerdin was the one demanding first degree, right?

Always wrong
        I believe the main thrust was charging him with murder, dumb ass. Something which I urged and has now been done, my closeted homosexual friend. Want to know another thing I'll be right about? The Marines will never want you, it's obvious to them and everyone else you don't have what it takes, and nothing is going to cover that up. The truth hurts, I'm sure.
        Last edited by Dinner; April 12, 2012, 14:51.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          I believe the main thrust was charging him with murder, dumb ass. Something which I urged and has now been done, my closeted homosexual friend. Want to know another thing I'll be write about? The Marines will never want you, it's obvious to them and everyone else you don't have what it takes, and nothing is going to cover that up. The truth hurts, I'm sure.
          Do you intentionally place at least one error in every post?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I dont think the yelling on tapes will be enough to overcome the evidence of self defense, I've seen fights where attackers and defenders yelled. Now if the voice was pleading for help, that would be of interest - but even if I started a fight and was kicking ass I might be yelling for help if I saw my victim had a gun. But given the wounds to Zimmerman and the lack of damage to Martin (other than a bullet of course) it looks like Martin was kicking Zimmerman's ass before the gun came out. I dont see anyway around that...

Comment

• Yep, reasonable doubt and all.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Have you listened to the tape? It's 40+ seconds of someone crying out for help. The last yell for help is just before the gun is fired.

It's clear as day. If it was Z crying for help he was being dominated by T and only at the last was able to secure the gun and fire. If it was T crying for help he was being dominated by Z and it was an execution.

Comment

• I don't think it's that crystal clear.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Do you intentionally place at least one error in every post?
                    It allows an easy path to the perfect record held to date. Rather lazy actually, considering his better efforts at faux pas.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      Have you listened to the tape? It's 40+ seconds of someone crying out for help. The last yell for help is just before the gun is fired.

It's clear as day. If it was Z crying for help he was being dominated by T and only at the last was able to secure the gun and fire. If it was T crying for help he was being dominated by Z and it was an execution.
                      If Z was getting dominated, then he gets his gun out and then fires without warning - well, that still deserves time in jail.

Z was an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

• If Z was getting dominated, then he gets his gun out and then fires without warning - well, that still deserves time in jail.
                        According to Florida law, no he wouldn't.

In my opinion he does but my opinion isn't the law.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                          If Z was getting dominated, then he gets his gun out and then fires without warning - well, that still deserves time in jail.
                          Not murder 2. (Maybe not anything.)

As I said earlier I don't think Z should ever have a gun again in any case. He clearly lacks the judgement necessary to be responsible with such power.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post

Not sure (might be nothing), but it is definitely not murder 2. At most manslaughter.

Could be 'wrongful death'?

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              If he had ANY wounds, it will be difficult to disprove any story he tells.
                              I personally think he's probably guilty but I don't think they can make the 2nd degree murder stick.

But that's the point of my challenge.

Predict now and gloat later.
                              If I start a fight, with a gun, me starting to lose the fight does not mean that I can use 'self defense' and get off free.

At least, it should not mean.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Jon, agreed but what can be proved? That's the double edged sword of a 2nd degree charge. It could be they won't risk it and plead out to manslaughter or risk it and maybe get off scott free.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got off but then lost a civil case.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X