No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You silly goose. A robot justice system wouldn't need robot jurors.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Looking like second degree murder charges. That's what almost all of us figured.

Oerdin was the one demanding first degree, right?

Always wrong
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Looking like second degree murder charges. That's what almost all of us figured.

Oerdin was the one demanding first degree, right?

Always wrong
        you calling someone always wrong is like poop telling vomit it stinks.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• It's official, Zimmerman has been taken into custody and charged with second degree murder.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Apparently he surrended which, if true, deserves at least a modicum of praise.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              It's official, Zimmerman has been taken into custody and charged with second degree murder.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Apparently he surrended which, if true, deserves at least a modicum of praise.
                After lying, trying to exploit the incident for profit, and then running didn't work.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I hope he replaces his douchebag lawyers before trial.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• You and Alan Dershowitz.

I think he is acquiring competant council now.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Zimmerman's "lawyers" were right to end their legal relationship with their client, but they went about it in the wrong way. They simply should have notified the prosecution and the public in a one sentence statement that they no longer represented Zimmerman (if they ever really did!). They should not have explained the reason why they quit, because that inevitably revealed lawyer client privileged information such as the fact that Zimmerman was not following their advice, that he may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and that they can't reach him. They also had no right to discuss possible defenses, especially a claim of insanity, since that might undercut Zimmerman's absolute defense of justification.

Exactly.

Media whores.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                        It's official, Zimmerman has been taken into custody and charged with second degree murder.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So, who wants to predict the outcome of the trial?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'll take a shot at it - once I see the jury.

Comment

• Will your main consideration on the jury be the racial makeup of it?
                              Last edited by rah; April 12, 2012, 09:32.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                So, who wants to predict the outcome of the trial?
                                How white is the jury?

beat me to it
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X