No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern and historical rulers who keep power through the military do so by using units with geographical or tribal allegiances. It is far easier to get people to kill people they do not know.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
      Guard units would be more effective in a hypothetical insurrection, assuming the states were listening to the federal government. If units from Montana were sent to New Jersey and Nevada they would be more open the indoctrination it would take to have the military remain motivated. The rank and file would be more easily led to see the locals as 'others' who need a good bayonetting.
      That's a lot less true now than 150 years ago. Aside from a few bigots like Oerdin, most Americans aren't obsessed with regionalism. As much as I love Maryland, I'm not going to be persuaded that Oregonians or Californians are subhuman vermin that need extermination.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Still butt hurt over me telling some uncomfortable truths about the deep south sucking? That's just the facts even if you don't like them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Note to future tyrants: Oerdin is happy to join your Einsatzgruppen, as long as he gets to murder southerners.

Comment

• I get hard when I think about Sherman's March.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Albert Speer, Oerdin, who else is evil around here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I get hard when I think about Sherman's March.
                That's the strangest fetish I've ever heard of. So you're a virgin because girls freak out when you ask them to dress up as a Union soldier and confiscate your chickens and corn-meal?

Comment

• Probably he is the union soldier, still would freak them out probably.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    That's a lot less true now than 150 years ago. Aside from a few bigots like Oerdin, most Americans aren't obsessed with regionalism. As much as I love Maryland, I'm not going to be persuaded that Oregonians or Californians are subhuman vermin that need extermination.
                    What kind of mushrooms are you chewing ? It's quite easy to persuade people to supress other people - all that are needed are a slight difference or a "direct order".
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What about Virginians?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Virginia is a weird place. The river is on the wrong side. They misspell Germantown. And they have Republicans. But I don't wish them any harm.

Comment

• Virginia has looser gun laws than Maryland, though.

Comment

• Voice experts have examined the 911 tapes and concluded that it was not Zimmerman who was crying for help as Zimmerman had claimed. So, if the experts are to be believed, we have a young teen boy on the ground crying out for help over and over again as he was beaten by Zimmerman and then shot. It's hard not to see this as murder.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The issue is not seeing 'them' as 'others' to begin with.

It is much easier to lead men to viewing people they do not know as 'others.' It is very difficult to lead men to see people they know, and their relatives, as 'others.'

It is actually quite difficult to get most people to willingly kill other people. Personal relationships fvck up the process.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                What kind of mushrooms are you chewing ? It's quite easy to persuade people to supress other people - all that are needed are a slight difference or a "direct order".
                                You have no idea what you are talking about.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X