My trousers don't fit me any more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    He got fired? FYI, I swear constantly at work.
    probably among co-workers who are good with it (or you are so good at your job that managers overlook it)

Wasn't Alby a teller dealing with the public on a regular basis?
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and still on the firing . .. MY observation is thatif you are an interchangeable wage slave, they would turf you for pretty much any reason. If you create an issue, you are gone.

But if you have special skills or are vuiewed as making the company a lot of money, a different standard applied. I saw it at a law firm --- a drunken older partner pretty much groped a younger female associate. based on the reports it was clearly sexual harrasment-- hell it probably was a sexual assault. If a copy boy had done it he would have been fired immedaitely. But a rainmaker partner type? I think they required him to get some counselling or sensitivity training
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I already explained the situation regarding my termination. I told an 18 year old customer I was not bull****ting about having worked at the company she was working for while trying to build rapport while pitching our products to her.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
          Is your estimate based on a general estimate pertaining to folks that go to college or are you doing an individual assessment here based on your observations? I ask because it seems that an inability to learn from failed experiences would argue against higher intelligence.
          "Inability to learn from failed experiences"... We're talking about Albert, yes?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

probably among co-workers who are good with it (or you are so good at your job that managers overlook it)

Wasn't Alby a teller dealing with the public on a regular basis?
            I, honestly, swear and make sexual jokes far more than is necessary as well. The key here is to make yourself useful enough to your employer that they don't care or at least over look such things because you make them so much money. I find money cures most problems like this so make yourself invaluable and you can be as crude as you want just as long as you continue to perform.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh and still on the firing . .. MY observation is thatif you are an interchangeable wage slave, they would turf you for pretty much any reason. If you create an issue, you are gone.

But if you have special skills or are vuiewed as making the company a lot of money, a different standard applied. I saw it at a law firm --- a drunken older partner pretty much groped a younger female associate. based on the reports it was clearly sexual harrasment-- hell it probably was a sexual assault. If a copy boy had done it he would have been fired immedaitely. But a rainmaker partner type? I think they required him to get some counselling or sensitivity training
              then a vigilante cut off hs balls, right?
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I, honestly, swear and make sexual jokes far more than is necessary as well. The key here is to make yourself useful enough to your employer that they don't care or at least over look such things because you make them so much money. I find money cures most problems like this so make yourself invaluable and you can be as crude as you want just as long as you continue to perform.
                In my first quarter working for Wells Fargo (not a full quarter, either), I was top-10 in my region in sales and was commended. Obviously, that is replaceable but my performance most definitely exceeded expectations. I was hired to be part-time but was moved to full-time after my FIRST work day.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Perhaps you should have been developing a rapport with your coworkers and bosses as well as your customers.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Perhaps you should have been developing a rapport with your coworkers and bosses as well as your customers.
                    There was a management transition a few weeks into my job. I believe my immediate supervisor saw me as a threat. My co-workers told me things.

Comment

• Cursing while talking to customers is unprofessional. I am not surprised that Wells Fargo would fire a Teller for that.
                      It annoys me when I go to a fast food restaurant and the kid behind the counter is talking to me like we're on the corner. In fact, the more unprofessional the person the less likely I feel that my order will be correct. And in this case, you are responsible for handling lots of money so the expectation of professionalism should be quite high.
                      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Speaking of professionalism..part of the pride of being a marine is looking sharp, acting sharp and being sharp. I.E. professional. In order to be a marine, You have to start thinking like one. Especially if you want to be a leader of marines.
                        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• albie is never going to become a marine. He's been talking about it for 3 years. He's a 26(?) year-old man and he needs to grow the **** up.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            There was a management transition a few weeks into my job. I believe my immediate supervisor saw me as a threat. My co-workers told me things.
                            Nobody but women see you as a threat.
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              Nobody but women see you as a threat.
                              She was a woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                She was a woman.
                                She felt threatened as a woman, not as your supervisor.

Comment

Working...
                                X