• Show
Clear All

Some more good ones. This one is really sad:

Classic:

Everyone loves Eminem:

And Dre & Snoop :

"Snoop Doggy Dogg, you need to get yourself a jobby jobb."
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

"Now what you hear is not a test, I'm rapping to the beat"
      Is there a white guy version?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        sodomized with a plunger?

as for the "song", meh
        The man ended up in a hospital with a perforated colon.

The officer that did it ended up in prison.

It was a major black mark on the NYPD.

You find find the strangest things funny.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          .... but in the States rap is actually fairly popular, albeit mainly in urban areas where its central theme ("**** tha po-lice") is popular.
          ah, back when rappers had something to say.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
            ah, back when rappers had something to say.
            It's like Black cinema... for a while, every Black film was 'important' and meant something, as all 'minority films' are expected to be. It's a tribute to the decline in racism that movies with predominately Black casts/directors/producers are terrible now. Blacks earned the right to make ****ty movies with no social significance (just like white folk!).

Likewise with rap. People are too content with the status quo to listen to a modern day Public Enemy. It doesn't speak to the majority anymore.

It could really be seen as societal progress.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You're kidding, right? Majority acceptance of the status quo is progress? Oh, you're a Republican, right.

Comment

It's like Black cinema... for a while, every Black film was 'important' and meant something, as all 'minority films' are expected to be. It's a tribute to the decline in racism that movies with predominately Black casts/directors/producers are terrible now. Blacks earned the right to make ****ty movies with no social significance (just like white folk!).

Likewise with rap. People are too content with the status quo to listen to a modern day Public Enemy. It doesn't speak to the majority anymore.

It could really be seen as societal progress.
                Interesting.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

What goes around, comes around.

The Last Poets 1970:

Gil Scott Heron (R.I.P.)

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why do you always get excited about ****ty stuff (Duke Nukem)? You're like a hipster.

You probably love you some Bruce Campbell, too.
                      Nobody talks **** about bruce cambell and lives.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Incidentally, I've never actually seen any of his movies.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

You haven't really lived until you've watched Army of Darkness...

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Incidentally, I've never actually seen any of his movies.
                            Good corny fun.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I never liked classical music until I watched immortal beloved. I never liked country until I was in the alamo drafthouse in texas and I saw an old performance by Johnny Cash. I never liked r and b until I started picking up women. And it goes on. Today, I listen to punk, ska, reggae, alternative, country, pop, r and b, rap...whatever.
                              I would list sting and common as important lyricists. As well as many others.
                              I think Eloks problem is the same as many peoples problem. They simply can't understand what's being said and how it's being said. If I played Rappers Delight for my 18 yr old son he would get bored just the same as if I played Johnny Cash. He has no appreciation for it because he does not speak the same language and his ears are simply not attuned to certain types and certain eras of music. Just like when I watch shows like Boardwalk Empire, I don't see why people listened to most songs of the 20s and 30s, the voices seem out of tune or something, but we've got to realize that was what was happening at the time.
                              Respiration is a great song that came out around 97-98, the issues brought up in the song were new at the time. Rappers Delight was doing something FRESH at the time. Rappers today are way more advanced but there is still something to be said for originators. Also, if a person found a way to make music with screeching cats I would applaud them. Just like when people make music with industrial pipes, turn tables and etc. I.E. taking an object and coming up with a new and exciting way to use it.
                              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                              George Bernard Shaw
                              What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                              What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Anyway, I think this movie has a very interesting and exciting premise and I love the design of the society, spaceships, base and etc..I want to see this movie!
                                What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                                What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Working...
                                X