No announcement yet.

Chickenpox Lollipops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just love the fact that Molly Bloom is a mouth breathing ******.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      He gives you permission to be offended .
      huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        I actually find the idea that some supernatural being was behind humanities achievements quite offensive.
        QFT
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Do you think that reflects well on you?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
            I think you are a big hearted and very kind individual in giving him that kind of credit.

I have reached the stage with him where I think that kind of supposition to be quite suspect, if not in fact completely incorrect. And yes, I am usually kind to cats, dogs and assorted kinds of people, individually and en masse.
            I didn't explain that to you myself because I didn't have to. You contradiced yourself. Then I kindly pointed out the fact to you, but you evidentally don't understand. IMO elok wasted his time explaining it to you so that you might understand.

Again, you're a very interesting person, in that you think you are so very smart (that you can tell people their future and all) but you are incredibly dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              So God created flesh-eating bacteria, and then several million years later created anti-biotics because...?
              I assume that your point is that it would be a perfect world if human beings never had to persevere and overcome things like flesh eating bacteria.

The bible says that God fools the arrogant. The arrogant person believes that he knows what perfect is and in a way he is correct because perfect is what why think it is. So we think there is nothing beyond perfect. But the humble person doesn't know what perfect is. He only has faith in something that he can't understand objectively or explain to another.

Comment

• I beleive the fellow who published the first study linking the MMR vaccine with autism was Dr. Andrew Wakefield. His work was published in 1998 in Lancet and showed a significant higher incidence of autism among children who received the MMR vaccine. Attempts to replicate his work were unsuccessful and eventually it was found that he dis not randomly select his subjects, but actually received money from parents of autistic children to include their children in the study, deliberately skewing the results - and the fact that he received money to falsify his results makes his work an actual criminal fraud. Oh, and he'a also been charged with subjecting the autistic children to unneccssary and unapproved medical procedures. He's been barred from practicing in the UK and a warrant was issued for his arrest pending possible prosecution, but he currently lives in Austin Texas. Evidently the United States is not inclined to send him home to face trial.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Indeed.

IIRC, he also held a financial stake in a company developing a new form of MMR vaccine as well.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    That is well said. Though I do look forward to continuing this conversation in the New Jerusalem with molly, MikeH, and Lori (yes, I am a universalist - I guess the caveat is a belief in purgatory) .
                    Do you read Rob Bell? Some friends of mine are doing a book study. I passed on it. They say he claims to be a Calvinist.

edit: Wiki says he denies being a universalist, but he claims that eternal punishment is an uncertainty. So he against saying that it is an certainty. The problem with that is that the Bible never talks about it as an uncertainty, although it might be.
                    Last edited by Kidlicious; November 18, 2011, 08:15.

Comment

• Wait, I thought the Universalists merged with the Unitarians a century ago? That's why the official name of the Unitarian church is the Unitarian - Universalist Church.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• It's not the same thing. Universalism isn't a denomination.

Comment

• I don't think I'd call Bell a Calvinist. I have read him, but not "Love Wins" yet.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He claims to be one so I heard (in love wins).

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              I actually find the idea that some supernatural being was behind humanities achievements quite offensive.
                              I don't find it any more offensive than that there are laws of physics behind humanity's achievements. Even if you are allowing for free will, in either case it's obvious that there are a great many things outside our control which impact the possibility and result of any action.

Comment

• No one has claimed physics (or chemistry or geology or any other physical science) was behind humanities advancement. Just that we have improved our understanding of natural laws and natural processes so that we can better take advantage of them for our own purposes.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X