No announcement yet.

if only this is true:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like it. Maybe in some cases it is because people care about Alby and are trying to help him understand himself.... but the repeated 'you are gay' reminds me of highschool behavior.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

As a heterosexual male does looking at that woman's body make you throw up in your mouth or fill you with revulsion? Would you describe that as normal human male heterosexual reaction to viewing an about average scantily clad woman? I'd honestly like to know.

Would you describe an aversion to viewing the feminine form as something normal heterosexual males have or would you think that was more normal for males who were not attracted to females?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wouldn't.

And I understand that there is reason for the 'you might be gay' or 'you are gay' statements.

I just know that Alby does get it very often, and it does seem to be similar to the hassles that guys who don't conform get in highschool.

JM
        Last edited by Jon Miller; November 8, 2011, 03:45.
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's fair enough. I guess I can say this: We do give Albie a hard time, he often brings it upon himself by making outrageous statements which others very much disagree with (like claiming a woman with an average to slightly above average figure makes him throw up in his mouth), but he is very much entitled to his own opinion. I do think his sexual preferences are very much outside one standard deviation from the heterosexual male norm on a standard bell curve, this could be because he likes enormously fat women or because he likes very skinny mannish looking women or because he doesn't like women at all, but none of those things are bad things. He's free to **** or not **** any willing adult he finds attractive. I do think he's a closet case but I don't think that's a bad thing just something he is repressing because he believes it to be socially unacceptable (probably from a religious point of view but if we're honest most repression has religious origins).
          Last edited by Dinner; November 8, 2011, 04:16.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            Not in her current state.
            I think Albie's desperation/frustration levels might cause him to overlook the decay thing....

Allegedly one of the ambulance personnel who carted off the body is meant to have gone for a postlife boff, figuring he could say he'd had sex with Marilyn Monroe.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              To quote Kanye West, "It all got to be dimes? Well Adam gave up a rib, so mine better be prime".
              Good lord ! And I thought that was Jean Paul Sartre.

What a philosophical truffle hound you are.
              Last edited by molly bloom; November 8, 2011, 07:53.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                That's fair enough. I guess I can say this: We do give Albie a hard time, he often brings it upon himself by making outrageous statements which others very much disagree with (like claiming a woman with an average to slightly above average figure makes him throw up in his mouth), but he is very much entitled to his own opinion. I do think his sexual preferences are very much outside one standard deviation from the heterosexual male norm on a standard bell curve, this could be because he likes enormously fat women or because he likes very skinny mannish looking women or because he doesn't like women at all, but none of those things are bad things. He's free to **** or not **** any willing adult he finds attractive. I do think he's a closet case but I don't think that's a bad thing just something he is repressing because he believes it to be socially unacceptable (probably from a religious point of view but if we're honest most repression has religious origins).
                Point. I think people wouldn't be so hard on Alby, if he didn't come in with such ridiculous statements, designed to elicit a reaction.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X