Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could be karma biting me in the ass or "I might be moving to Texas".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
    There aren't a lot of Geology-related jerbs in DC. There are, however, a lot of defense contractor jerbs(which is why I moved here).
    What about jobs?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lonestar, I thought you grew up in Fairfax? I remember you talking about going to Fairfax high school or something.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        Yeah because Texans don't talk **** all on their own.

Oerdin, take the job. You will be living Ghetto fabulous.
        The interview is on Monday so we're flying out tomorrow just so we can look around the area and make a little vacation out of it. That means weekend to look around, Monday for the interview and then to fly home.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The tricky part will be how to get Monday off. On one had I could tell them the real reason why but then they would know I was shopping around so it seems the best option is to simply call in and pretend to be sick.

Comment

You could use a vacation day...
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              You will not like the desolate wilderness. That is why it is called "The Woodlands". It is way too hot and humid for tender footed people who like to drink frappuccinos. If you have dark skin you will be afraid to come out at night because of the roaming racist gangs looking for a lynching. You will not enjoy the fact that we have no indoor plumbing. You will not like it here Oerdin.

May want to try Austin. They are more civilized.
              I'd never drink a frappuccino. Now a good caffe macchiato...

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                You could use a vacation day...
                Would have to schedule it ahead of time instead of the workday before. In the end sick days and vacation days all get rolled into one pool of days off though.

Comment

Do three things while you are there.

1. Go to a grocery store and note pricing.
                  2. Check the price at the pump.
                  3. Browse the real estate band-of-the-buck.

You cannot compete with those things in SD.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Lonestar, I thought you grew up in Fairfax? I remember you talking about going to Fairfax high school or something.

I graduated from Robinson, yeah. I spent all of my senior year "growing up" in Fairfax.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Well?

Comment

I knew it. Rednecks got him.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Interviewed with them but haven't heard back. In another amazing discovery I found out that Texas now has in door plumbing. Who knew?

Comment

Will you have to ride a horse to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              Interviewed with them but haven't heard back. In another amazing discovery I found out that Texas now has in door plumbing. Who knew?
                              A door seems like an awkward place to put plumbing.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

They go through a hole in the front door, which leads into a bucket, which the postal service carries away and ships to California.

Comment

Working...
                                X