Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BeeTeeDubs, no thread on Troy Davis?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      Two wrongs don't make a right.
      I thought you're a proponent for the death penalty.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        I thought you're a proponent for the death penalty.
        black or white? that boy is confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Again...one (maybe two) of these is not like the others.
          I'm not seeing it. (This is the list of places we have invaded/intend to invade, right? Zimbabwe... you're next :doitnow: )

# 18 Cuba
          # 19 Afghanistan
          # 20 United States
          # 21 Vietnam

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            Iraq and Somalia had no executions?
            The survey was of government executions of criminals. Iraq and Somalia have no governments.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I'm sure this guy is a dirt bag and all plus what he did was horrible but I'm not sure execution in this case really made sense for tax payers. Since executions often cost three to five times more then life in prison I'm not sure they make financial sense in most cases especially since the hypothesized deterred effect cannot be actually measured in any objective way. That's why there are endless debates with both sides simply saying "Yes there is!", "No, there is not!".

Honestly, since the proposed deterrent effect can't be proved one way or another it should be a nonissue and we should make decisions mostly based on 1) Which measures protect the general population best and 2) Which measures are most cost effective. Both life in prison and execution protect the general population equally well while executions cost so much more then life in prison so I know which one we should objectively be leaning towards.

I still want to keep capital punishment legal but reserve it for the worst of the worst, like serial killers, because that will not only save us money but also prevent the accidental killing of innocent people. Speaking of killing innocent men... Did you guys hear about the innocent guy Perry had executed in Texas? It's true, DNA evidence proved the guy was innocent but Perry refused to stop the execution because he feared looking weak on crime (according to his email). Yep, his own attorney general said the guy was likely-innocent and Perry said fry him any way because he wanted to look like a manly-man. **** Perry.

I'll dig up a link on this in the morning but I'm tired right now.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ha Texas you losers! Anyone can execute people for horrific crimes. Georgia will execute people just for the hell of it, regardless of whether they might be guilty or not.

Step up your game, you godless liberal weenies.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  The survey was of government executions of criminals. Iraq and Somalia have no governments.
                  Iraq very much has a government while Somalia has an internationally recognized government which only controls 25%-30% of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    Ha Texas you losers! Anyone can execute people for horrific crimes. Georgia will execute people just for the hell of it, regardless of whether they might be guilty or not.

Step up your game, you godless liberal weenies.
                    The South still sucks ass especially if you're black. In both Texas and Georgia they'll kill you even if you're likely innocent if you're a black man.

Comment

Why are executions so expensive, Oerdin? I'm sure if they put it out to tender, cost savings could be found. :yeehaw:

Comment

Lots, and lots, and lots of appeals with lots, and lots, and lots of very expensive professionals having lots, and lots, and lots of hours being billed. Then there is the cost of the actual execution which is no doubt over a million in itself due to dozens of reasons. You can buy a lot of bread and water for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          What's wrong with Taiwan?
                          Oh, I missed Taiwan. My bad.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Singapore has a mandatory death sentence for murder of any type. They get lots of international flack for violating the presumption of innocence until proven guilty as well. Singapore is also the place that gave an American teenager a severe caning for spitting his gum out in public.
                            ...and most Americans had no problem with that.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              The South still sucks ass especially if you're black. In both Texas and Georgia they'll kill you even if you're likely innocent if you're a black man.
                              Oh, that's bull****. Georgia doesn't hold very many executions, less than two per year, and they get so many appeals there's no way you can claim structural racism.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Death Penalty
                                Double Posts
                                Double Penetration
                                Diptheria
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X