Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can find a good literary agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can find a good literary agent?

Because I just finished a novel.

I've been a writer my whole life, and I've left a lot of abandoned works in progress along the way, but this is the first time I've ever completed a novel. 132,100 words, which is probably slightly too long. I've posted enough about it here that anyone who cared enough to be clever could probably figure out the plot... but I'm not particularly concerned by that possibility. Yep. I think that's pretty much all I've got to say. I think I ran out of words. Monkeys!

(I don't actually need an agent yet, because now comes the dreaded editing process.)
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

It's West World meets Spartacus meets The Island?

Or just a rip off of Antz.

Congratulations on finishing!
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm not sure if Galnemer's agent is taking new clients, or clients in your genre (whatever that is), but I can ask if you'd like.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        It's West World meets Spartacus meets The Island?

Or just a rip off of Antz.

Congratulations on finishing!
        Nail on head.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          I'm not sure if Galnemer's agent is taking new clients, or clients in your genre (whatever that is), but I can ask if you'd like.
          I'm writing hard-ish SF. I'm not quite ready for an agent yet but that would be ridiculously awesome of you.

Comment

Well if you're looking for a publisher, I'll ask around. As for an editor, I'd be happy to help you. I've edited stuff before to help it get published.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The only editor I want right now is the girlfriend. As soon as she gets home from her trip she will tear it apart and make me cry.

Comment

And then she'll get started on the novel.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    And then she'll get started on the novel.

Well played.

I'm not sure if my good ladywife's agent does any hard sci-fi, but she may know of someone who does. I'll ask when I get home from work late tonight.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Rad. Thanks all.

I suppose I need to start working on my query letter, too. /me shudders.

Comment

Do lasers make sounds in your book?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In space or in general?

Comment

Spare, primarily.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Lasers making sounds (in space) in science fiction movies is like the odor added to natural gas to warn people of the dangers.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X