Incorporating the new secession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pax View Post
    I'm under 50 and it happened while I was living in VA. Professional Sports are a money maker for the community as a whole.
    No, they're net losers to the taxpayers. Yes, individual businesses make money off of selling food, drink, and renting hotel rooms to sports fans but the city as a whole loses money. That's why liars like Spanos have to resort to using dubious figures counting on trickle down effects which not an accountant in the world would sign off on. Net they use more tax revenue then they generate and they know it. I don't mind the city paying $200 million to expand the convention center as it has a 95% rental rate on any given day and generates a direct cash profit to the city year in and year out but stadiums? No, they end up being a net drain on tax payer money and have always been so in every single city in the US.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Situations like these just make me mad.....

When all is said and done Fulton County will be worse off and the Rich Cities in the North will apparently have the best land at the cheapest prices.
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        California's problems revolve around one thing. Their democrat leadership has failed the state, and continues to fail the state.
        You're problem is one thing: You don't know jack **** but you keep talking as if you knew something, which you don't.

Comment

I didn't know Pax lived in the metro Atlanta area... hmmm....

And yes, sports teams are a money loser. Now there may be other intangible benefits (city pride, etc, etc), but they really end up being a bad deal for the cities involved.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You are a dunce. Everyone knows exactly what must be done to balance the budget and eliminate the structural deficit
            Stop spending.

but the 2/3rds rule prevents it from being done
            Oh, bull****. IF CA had 100 percent Dems, they would still not get anything done, and would blow huge sums of cash on white elephants like the monorail they are building.

just as the gerrymandered districts mean both parties produce nothing but extremists in the state government
            Uh, they were gerrymandered BY THE DIMS. Don't like gerrymanders, don't set them up that way.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Oerdin, yes, I'm totally in agreement that the Chargers should move. So should San Fran. The Raiders can stay. San Antonio Chargers, baby!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Oerdin, yes, I'm totally in agreement that the Chargers should move. So should San Fran. The Raiders can stay. San Antonio Chargers, baby!
                Uhh... when did Oerdin mention the Chargers? That was pretty random.

Edit: Okay, it was on the first page.

Comment

Oh, bull****. IF CA had 100 percent Dems, they would still not get anything done, and would blow huge sums of cash on white elephants like the monorail they are building.
                  The monorail they are building...? What monorail are they building and how are they building a monorail without getting anything done?

Comment

I'm tempted to put the dumb ass on ignore for crimes against intelligent people every where but his posts are among the most amusing on the forum. It's like how cars slow down to look at a car wreck, you know you shouldn't look, that nothing good will come from looking, but you still feel strangely drawn just to see how badly mangled the car is.

Comment

Oerdin, do you know anything about the monorail the California government is apparently building?

Comment

There is no monorail. I suspect he is attempting to refer to the California High Speed Rail system but he's too stupid to understand the difference between that and a monorail.

Comment

I can tell the difference. A monorail costs less and goes where people want to go.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                          X