Incorporating the new secession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Oh wait, I think even third world countries have Amazon sellers.
    You do realize Texas is also trying to tax Amazon too, right? Oh, of course you don't, dunce.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      The sad thing is both of the parties on in on it. In 2010 they passed a new redistricting proposition which provides for geographically based districts which have to be as compact as possible and try to keep cities/towns/neighborhoods all in one district where ever possible. The incumbents are all busy suing everyone they can but it looks like the courts will confirm the new districts by the next election so there should be a lot of new competitive districts in the state in 2012.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

You do realize Texas is also trying to tax Amazon too, right? Oh, of course you don't, dunce.
        South Carolina, too I think. Such a liberal state...

That said, CA taxes are way too high. Raising taxes is clearly not the answer when it's one of the highest taxed states already.

Comment

The other interesting change is the open primary process which should save the state a ton of money rather then printing different ballots for every little party under the sun. The slightly odd thing is only the top two candidates in the open primary go on to the general election even if they're from the same party. This could result in some odd stuff but at least the state experiments with new ideas.

Comment

It's actually terrible that the republicans want to rezone redistrict everything. It's making the country weaker as a whole. The idea behind the united states is a UNITED states. So if taxes are high then the answer can't be to find away for you to exclude yourself from the group at your convenience. Going back to METRO atlanta. A lot of things that have allowed for the prosperity are actually in the poorer areas. Stadiums and Airport. And guess what, Stadiums and Airports are usually subsidized by the city that they are in so while a business man who lives in the city of Johns Creek, Ga has easy access to the airport and can occasionally attend a braves game in the REAL city. He does'nt have to pay the costs for his lifestyle. I call that cheating.
            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Redistricting is as old as the country itself, as is gerrymandering. Give me a ****ing break.

Furthermore, aren't airports by definition used regularly by people who don't live in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

Redistricting is as old as the country itself, as is gerrymandering. Give me a ****ing break.
                If you need a break feel free to take one. Redistricting hurts. Consider Norfolk, VA. Norfolk, Va is a part of what's called the seven cities in VA. The fact that these seven cities have structured themselves to be a separate to keep the riffraff in mainly in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth has actually kept them smaller than would be and has also prevented them from securing several major league franchises.
                What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

That said, CA taxes are way too high. Raising taxes is clearly not the answer when it's one of the highest taxed states already.
                  What a load of horse ****. The difference between "high tax" California and "low tax" Texas is just two base percentage points. OMG! OH NOES!! : panic:

What's more if you make less then $80,000 then you actually pay less in California than in Texas especially since our property tax rates are 1/5th that of Texas. The way the dishonest liar's spin their great tax lie is by focusing on averages rather then the more accurate medians so that the average gets spiked by the large numbers of millionaires in the state. Which, BTW, according to Republican dogma should have all fled their beach front mansions in Malibu, their Napa Vineyards, and their summer homes in San Diego to take up residence in Oklahoma just to escape that 2% tax difference. Of course, in reality that doesn't happen and instead Millionaires are over represented in California's population mainly because they make so much they don't care about the 2% and they can afford to live exactly where they want to live. Guess what? They don't want to live in BFE and prefer the amenities of the big city.

The folks who have left California in recent years have mostly been from two groups 1) young couples with children who simply didn't make enough money to afford the high housing costs or 2) Retirees with little savings who plan on selling their expensive houses in California to live some where dirt cheap as a way to scrap out a living in retirement. It's not the rich leaving, it's the poor who can't afford to pay $800,000 for a house. People like me who make an upper middle class income can afford the high real estate costs so we're willing to pay it (and the additional 2% in taxes) to live exactly where we want to live. There is a reason real estate prices are so high here and it's not because well off people don't want to live here; there is simply to much demand and not enough supply so prices are high.
                  Last edited by Dinner; July 14, 2011, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                    If you need a break feel free to take one. Redistricting hurts. Consider Norfolk, VA. Norfolk, Va is a part of what's called the seven cities in VA. The fact that these seven cities have structured themselves to be a separate to keep the riffraff in mainly in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth has actually kept them smaller than would be and has also prevented them from securing several major league franchises.
                    That happened like 50 years ago, man. At least if I recall correctly. Besides, professional sports are a money loser for the government, I'm very happy my state doesn't waste money on that ****.

Comment

I have to agree that pro-sports are a massive money loser for the tax payers. The Padres milked the city for hundreds of millions when they demanded a new stadium and now the arrogant S.O.B. Spanos, who owns the Chargers, is trying to blackmail the city into giving him half a billion dollars and ownership of the new stadium even though he'd only kick in $100 million. What's worse is he wants the taxpayers to pick up any cost over runs so his costs would be capped at said $100 million while taxpayer exposure would be unlimited. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Mike Spanos. If the 49'ers can afford to build their own stadium without tax payer handouts then the Chargers can do it too but their owner is more interested in sucking up welfare then actually doing anything which benefits the city or the taxpayers. F'em.
                      Last edited by Dinner; July 14, 2011, 21:29.

Comment

I have to agree that pro-sports are a massive money loser for the tax payers. The Padres milked the city for hundreds of millions when they demanded a new stadium and now the arrogant S.O.B. Spanos, who owns the Chargers, is trying to blackmail the city into giving him half a billion dollars and ownership of said half a billion dollar stadium (while he only kicks in $100 million). Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Mike Spanos.
                        Ben is a big Chargers fan, by the way.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

F Ben too.

Comment

Oerdin is just another example of what they always say about San Diego... the city doesn't deserve the Chargers.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That happened like 50 years ago, man. At least if I recall correctly. Besides, professional sports are a money loser for the government, I'm very happy my state doesn't waste money on that ****.
                              I'm under 50 and it happened while I was living in VA. Professional Sports are a money maker for the community as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Oerdin is just another example of what they always say about San Diego... the city doesn't deserve the Chargers.
                                More like the Chargers don't deserve the city. Either pay your own way or shove off; we don't need more welfare queens. Other NFL teams build their own stadiums without sucking from the taxpayer's tits so Spanos could do the same but he is choosing not to.
                                Last edited by Dinner; July 14, 2011, 22:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X