Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children are little ****bags who should be used for baynet practice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actions have consequences. This guy gets it:
    But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Comment

• David isn't a christian, Gribbler. I am. Slights against me are one thing, but slights against someone else quite another.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Right, why the hell would a Christian defend Christian values and peacefully encourage other people to adhere to them? David's not a Christian, so who cares if he does stuff that Jesus says is wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Actions have consequences. This guy gets it:
          you should tell ben about this guy. he seems to be rather ignorant about him and his message.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Right, why the hell would a Christian defend Christian values and peacefully encourage other people to adhere to them? David's not a Christian, so who cares if he does stuff that Jesus says is wrong?
            So you feel that telling lies about other people is a christian act? You evaded the question.

Again, actions have consequences. David is not bound as I am, so Albert needs to take that into consideration before telling lies about him.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
              Same speech btw, Cockney.

Funny how people are so quick to quote Christ.

Comment

• I assumed it was a rhetorical question because "do Christians think lies are okay" is a pretty stupid question. But it's interesting that you revel in violence and try to make excuses for yourself by saying other people deserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Same speech btw, Cockney.

Funny how people are so quick to quote Christ.
                  That's funny because you constantly attempt to ridicule other people

Comment

• I assumed it was a rhetorical question because "do Christians think lies are okay" is a pretty stupid question.
                    The question, "Does Gribbler believe that lies are a Christian act" is by no means a rhetorical question, since apparently he's perfectly ok about lies told about people he doesn't like.

But it's interesting that you revel in violence and try to make excuses for yourself by saying other people deserve it.
                    I find it interesting that you are quick to attack the Christian for Christian principles and unwilling to call out anyone else. Says it all really.

Comment

• That's funny because you constantly attempt to ridicule other people
                      Then feel free to quote me.

Comment

The question, "Does Gribbler believe that lies are a Christian act" is by no means a rhetorical question, since apparently he's perfectly ok about lies told about people he doesn't like.
                        I'm not even a Christian (in case you haven't noticed by now) I just think it's hypocritical for you to call yourself a pacifist.

I find it interesting that you are quick to attack the Christian for Christian principles and unwilling to call out anyone else. Says it all really.
                        Call them out for what? Not following Christian principles? If they're not a Christian then why would I call them a hypocrite when they want other people to get hurt?

Comment

• I'm not even a Christian (in case you haven't noticed by now) I just think it's hypocritical for you to call yourself a pacifist.
                          I think it's hypocritical to hold people up to standards that you yourself do no hold. But then that's just me.

Here's a question, if you aren't a Christian, why do you think anyone would take what you have to say seriously about Christ? That would be like a flat earther teaching celestial mechanics.

Call them out for what? Not following Christian principles? If they're not a Christian then why would I call them a hypocrite when they want other people to get hurt?
                          So your morality says that it's ok to lie about people you don't like? Interesting. What else does your morality teach?

Comment

I think it's hypocritical to hold people up to standards that you yourself do no hold. But then that's just me.

Here's a question, if you aren't a Christian, why do you think anyone would take what you have to say seriously about Christ? That would be like a flat earther teaching celestial mechanics.
                            hypocrisy:
                            hypocrisy
                            - 3 dictionary results
                            hy·poc·ri·sy
                               /hɪˈpɒkrəsi/ Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA
                            –noun, plural -sies.
                            a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
                            a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
                            an act or instance of hypocrisy.
                            Use hypocrisy in a Sentence
                            See images of hypocrisy
                            Search hypocrisy on the Web
                            Origin:
                            1175–1225; Middle English ipocrisie < Old French < Late Latin hypocrisis < Greek hypókrisis play acting, equivalent to hypokrī́ ( nesthai ) to play a part, explain ( hypo- hypo- + krī́nein to distinguish, separate) + -sis -sis; h- (reintroduced in 16th century) < Latin and Greek

—Related forms
                            hy·per·hy·poc·ri·sy, noun

—Synonyms
                            1. See deceit.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
                            Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
                            Cite This Source
                            |
                            Link To hypocrisy
                            World English Dictionary
                            hypocrisy (hɪˈpɒkrəsɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n , pl -sies
                            1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety
                            2. an act or instance of this

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
                            2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
                            Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
                            Cite This Source
                            Word Origin & History

hypocrisy
                            early 13c., from O.Fr. ypocrisie , from L.L. hypocrisis , from Gk. hypokrisis "acting on the stage, pretense," from hypokrinesthai "play a part, pretend," also "answer," from hypo- "under" (see sub-) + middle voice of krinein "to sift, decide" (see crisis). The sense evolution is from "separate gradually" to "answer" to "answer a fellow actor on stage" to "play a part."

"Hypocrisy is the art of affecting qualities for the purpose of pretending to an undeserved virtue. Because individuals and institutions and societies most often live down to the suspicions about them, hypocrisy and its accompanying equivocations underpin the conduct of life. Imagine how frightful truth unvarnished would be." [Benjamin F. Martin, "France in 1938," 2005]

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
                            Cite This Source
                            Famous Quotations
                            hypocrisy
                            "In our interactions with people, a benevolent hypocrisy..."
                            More Quotes
                            Popular Subjects:
                            FriendshipFunnyInspirationalLifeLoveProverbs
                            Search another word or see hypocrisy on Thesaurus| Reference| Spanish
                            I make no pretense of adhering to Christian values. If you do and want to see other people hurt, I'll call you what you are: a hypocrite. I used to be a Christian but it's pretty clear that people like you have never made contact with anything divine.

Comment

• I used to be a Christian but it's pretty clear that people like you have never made contact with anything divine.
                              So what made you leave?

Comment

• Probably the same thing as me. People like you.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X