Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why exactly is Israeli slaughtering protesters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    You mean like this?
    Hyperbolic criticism of Israel = anti-Jewish slurs? News to me. What criticisms are we allowed to level against Israel without you equating us with anti-semites?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• That was the fuse, and you lit it.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Hey, that cartoon is basically paraphrasing Deuteronomy 7! From the King James:

1When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girga****es, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

3Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

4For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

5But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          That was the fuse, and you lit it.
          You mean that's what created the non-existent slew of anti-Jewish slurs in this thread?

Comment

• x-you'd

See what I mean?

Comment

• Albie is an idiot with or without my assistance. And I'm still not seeing the slurs you apparently see, except for the ones pointed towards the Palestinians.

Comment

• Deuteronomy 20:

13And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

15Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

16But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

18That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Granted that the bible quotes are unnecessary, but are old testament biblical quotes now anti-Jewish slurs?

Comment

• Strange, now the pictures aren't working for me, either.

Comment

• They were in your cache from the other forum which is why you could see them, but apparently your cache has expired now. Espy blocked images from showing up to outside referrers.

Comment

• I didn't even notice they were from the other forum.

Asher, you have to go to the other forum to see them, I have no other source.

Comment

• Copy them to http://imgur.com/

Comment

• Anyhoo, just to follow along on the whole anti-jew slur thing, does it have to be a literal anti-jew slur to be anti-semitic? Or that it must be spelled out in words to be a slur? What the hell is up with the fifth frame of that Bleached Bones parody?

Comment

• A slur needn't be involved - "Jews mix Gentile blood in their passover bread" or other blood libels are anti-semitic even if the word "Jews" is used in place of "****s" or whatever. And I think the fifth panel is just sick shock humor - AFAIK nowhere in the Bible/Torah or any other holy book (except perhaps Kali's) does it tell you to eat your enemy's genitals.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                                Copy them to http://imgur.com/
                                I'm not going to do that, I'm too lazy!

Comment

Working...
                                X