Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    Best instant nos you got?
    I wish I had saved one cover letter. The guy thought he had a sense of humour so it was extremely, over-the-top arrogant. And this was a 2nd year university student looking for a co-op job.

You had to see it...it made me want to give him an interview just so I would have the opportunity to punch him in the face.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      I laughed HAURD

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I don't have any connections at all....my father works at a law firm for christ's sake. Stop blaming your condition on circumstance. I got where I am through hard work, skill, and most importantly a clear idea of what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. And as a corollary to that, I make my own decisions and I follow through with them.

Why the **** am I giving advice to a 25 year old when I'm only 18? You are a sad waste of space, Alby.
        You know what your biggest advantage is through your upbringing? The sense that, through hard work, you can make a difference and shape the world in your image. Albie, on the other hand, goes around miffing about 'more privileged people' as if success is something inherent and achieved through birthright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
          You know what your biggest advantage is through your upbringing? The sense that, through hard work, you can make a difference and shape the world in your image. Albie, on the other hand, goes around miffing about 'more privileged people' as if success is something inherent and achieved through birthright.
          So you're claiming upbringing is a major factor, and you're ridiculing Al for complaining about his upbringing?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 25, 2011, 19:25.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I figure I go through about 50-100 an hour depending on how good/bad they are.
              That's what I would be thinking. Probably took longer to send replies to all the 1600 folks than to read their resumes.

Last time I submitted a resume for a position like that the HR manager just did reply all. I'm sure someone could have made far more money selling 1600 valid emails than accepting the position.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                So you're claiming upbringing is a major factor, and you're ridiculing Al for complaining about his upbringing?
                This is almost worst than HC's Horatio Alger hour.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  That's what I would be thinking. Probably took longer to send replies to all the 1600 folks than to read their resumes.

Last time I submitted a resume for a position like that the HR manager just did reply all. I'm sure someone could have made far more money selling 1600 valid emails than accepting the position.
                  How sure and how much more money?
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Next time Zoetstiffie has a recruitment drive, I suggest he just throws all 1600 CVs down a stairwell and picks the 15 that land on top. The laws of probability dictate he's likely to get a better success than his last attempt.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Have you ever run a successful company? Guessed not. Thanks for the 'advice' though.

Comment

• You're seriously thinking that spending all that effort, only to recruit a load of failures represents some sort of success?

Comment

• It's like Ecofarm all over again. So much self-assurance. So little connection with reality.

Comment

• zdrusafffdjq

What successful company do you run, you twit? Or at least, what does it do? And why is it that you find it so difficult to find what sound like entry level candidates for a position paying between 24k and 500k a year (depending on which of your posts we believe)?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• He can't even credibly commit to what field his supposed phd was in. At least pedotard could tell us what he was studying...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Up to you to figure it out! I'm off for a week because I'm running a conference, cya later, kisses for KH!

Comment

Working...
                                X