No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the next episode we know Jon will go to Dragonstone and meet Dany but I suspect we will also see Jamie attacking Highgarden with the help of Randall Tarley and a few other turn coats. With Dorne out of the way and several lords siding with the crown the Reach should be fail easily. We might also see Dany's army landing in the westernlands towards the end.

Bran should be arriving at Winterfell soon and eventually Arya as well though probably not in the next episode.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Still waiting for Bran to be part of the plot somehow.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Not caring if Bran becomes part of the plot
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I guess Brans part in the series will be limited to the defense against the army of the white walkers
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Not caring if Bran becomes part of the plot
            Fair.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Really not a fan of...
              Spoiler:
              ...the voice-over montage battle for Casterly Rock. Makes it much more apparent that they're rushing to the end now.

Also not entirely pleased by...
              Spoiler:
              ...Euron apparently being everywhere and unbeatable. All the worst parts of Ramsay, dialed up to 11.

On the other hand, quite liked...
              Spoiler:
              ...how the Queen of Thorns went out. Spiky to the very end.

Comment

• For a long time I thought the series was moving too slowly but now that they have cut it to just 8 episodes a season everything is feeling way too compressed. The quality of the writing has also suffered (though the Queen of Thornes final speech was great) and don't get me started on the teleporting Greyjoy fleet or Jon apparently flying SouthWesterous Airlines to Dragonstone.
                Last edited by Dinner; August 1, 2017, 12:12.

Comment

• I agree that the timing this time was a little bit strange ... but more so with the fleet of grey worm than with the fleet of Jon
                  (with regards to the fleeet of Jon one can still assume that one or more weeks passed between his departure and the beginning of this episode)

Spoiler:

Last episode grey worm and his army/fleet departed from Dragonstone and already this episode they landed at Casterly Rock.
                  Dragonstone lies on the eastern coast f Westeros (halfwway between the southern coast and the wall.
                  Casterly Rock lies on the western coast of Westeros, also halfway between the southern coast and the wall.

See here:
                  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...hrones-map.jpg

That means the fleet needs to travel fr south, then a large distance from east to west and back north again ... maybe 2-3 times the distance that Jon needed from White harbor to Dragonstone.

This lets one wonder about multiple things:
                  1. How much time did passin this episode? If we take into account that Jon arrived at the beginning of the episode ... and how much more distance grey worms fleet needed to cover. Jon must have been kept for weeks as a "guest" on Dragonstone before getting the permission to mine Dragonglass
                  2. More importantly: How did Euron Greyjoy get his fleet this fast to Casterly Rock? Grey Worm and the Ladies of Dorne seem to have departed Dragonstone at roughly the same time ... maybe Grey Worm even a day earlier. And Euron, after defeating this half of the fleet, first traveled to Kings Landing, had his Triumph (maybe even spent a day or 2 in Kings Landing) and only after this might have started the journey to Casterly Rock ... nevertheless he arrived in time to attack grey worms fleet, just after grey worms troops had conquered the castle.

As for other things in the episode:
                  Spoiler:

I liked the talk between Daenerys and Jon.
                  Dany meanwhile behaves like a real queen and it is funny how she reacted to Jons story about the white walkers and their arm of dead

So, Tyene can be assumed to be dead or dying by now
                  I have to admit that Cersei used biblical justice however ... having Ellaria watch Tyene die from the same poison that Ellaria used to kill Myrcella
                  I wonder if we will see Ellaria again in the next episode or that thereafter ... how she has to see Tyene take her last breath.

Poor Olenna
                  But at least she died by a fast poison ... and was able to tell Jamie about her role in killing of Joffrey, before her death
                  Guess we will see Jamie reporting it to Cersei in one of the next episodes

Also, now Tyrions job experience as sewage master of Casterly Rock turned out to be useful

And Brans role now gets interesting, as elusive prophet who has the ability to see everything that has happened and is currently happening
                  Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 1, 2017, 00:56.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yeah, kind of creepy when he was mentioning Sansa's ordeal.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      For a long time I thought the series was moving too slowly but now that they have cut it to just 8 episodes a season everything is feeling way too compressed. The quality of the writing has also suffered (though the Queen of Thornes final speech was great) and don't get me started on the teleporting Greyjoy fleet of Jon apparently flying SouthWesterous Airlines to Dragonstone.
                      I guess the producers haven't much written material from JRR Martin. Only a sketch of the plot for book 7 probably.
                      Their Wiki pages say they are "writers", but only 3 novels are listed for David Benioff and 1 for D. B. Weiss. I'm not sure they had enough time to fully develop the story.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Not caring if Bran becomes part of the plot
                        He is evil. He destroyed Hodor twice, and has probably effectively destroyed the wall. Now he taunts Sansa with her rape.

He will probably lead the White Walkers at some point, in an ironic kind of way.

Comment

• Bran is not evil, he was just a kid using powers he did not understand. Also, no, we already know the wall does not fall (which is what I thought would happen originally) but that they walk around it on the frozen sea by Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. Remember how the hound saw the visions in the flames? Also look at the sea east of the wall in the opening credits this season and you will see it is frozen. It was open ocean with no ice last season.

Comment

• IMO very good episode overall, even if I agree with the "rushed" feeling somewhat.

I'm wondering if...

Spoiler:
                            ...the hottie Sand daughter is doomed to dead for sure, or if Bronn gets her out again in time (assuming the dose she got was made so she would not die too fast)
                            Blah

Comment

• I think their current goal is to pare down story lines so I doubt it.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                                IMO very good episode overall, even if I agree with the "rushed" feeling somewhat.

I'm wondering if...

Spoiler:
                                ...the hottie Sand daughter is doomed to dead for sure, or if Bronn gets her out again in time (assuming the dose she got was made so she would not die too fast)
                                My money is on she is dead. Bronn is going to be busy saving Jamie's life imduring the field of fire next episode. He is going to have time for stuff like that after the Lannister and Tarley Army gets roasted alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X