No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so you know, the person you're calling the wife's mother is actually the wife's grandmother, Olenna Redwyne, the Queen of Thorns. She's the mother of Mace Tyrell (head of the Tyrell family), who is the father of Margaery Tyrell (the wife). We saw Mace briefly during the wedding. I don't remember what he did, but his mom probably called him an idiot.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• She did snap, "NOT NOW, MACE," when she was walking with Tywin, so you are essentially correct.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Just so you know, the person you're calling the wife's mother is actually the wife's grandmother, Olenna Redwyne, the Queen of Thorns. She's the mother of Mace Tyrell (head of the Tyrell family), who is the father of Margaery Tyrell (the wife). We saw Mace briefly during the wedding. I don't remember what he did, but his mom probably called him an idiot.
        Thanks, Lori.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• FWIW, Jr, you are leaving my very favorite suspect off your list.

Tywin would have plenty of motive to kill Joffrey; kid has been absolutely nothing but a headache for him, and his life would be a metric ****ton easier with Joffrey's little brother on the throne.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• How is it that Dantos, the King's fool seemed to know what was happening before anyone else did?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Dontos is actually Paladine.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Obviously Dontos is in on the assassination.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                  How is it that Dantos, the King's fool seemed to know what was happening before anyone else did?
                  Spoiler:
                  indeed, and at the 1st sign the king was choking he's taking the Stark girl away

Comment

• why would Tywin frame his son?

maybe that was unintentional

Comment

How is it that Dantos, the King's fool seemed to know what was happening before anyone else did?
                      Did you for a moment believe anyone in King's Landing except Sansa is an innocent fool?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm curious about that actually. We the readers have more information than the viewers, so we knew what to look for. But was it so obvious to the casual viewer?
                        No. And it's only "obvious" to the readers because they've had a certain storyline spoon-fed to them.

Presumably it was poison- but was it in the pie, or one of the two drinks he was seen drinking? Or was it slipped to him at the earlier breakfast? Was it slow-acting or fast-acting? We don't know.

Cue book-readers going "AHAHAHAHAHA, FOOLISH MORTAL! IT WAS OBVIOUS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT Grrr MARTIN SAID!".

Anyway, my money is on Tywin doing it.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Spoiler:

An interesting question. It's almost like he knew the king would die and how the poison was smuggled in, wasn't it?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Dontos is actually Paladine.
                            We can definitively say that is not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              indeed, and at the 1st sign the king was choking he's taking the Stark girl away
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder why that was? OK, not really.

Comment

• There is also one of those extraneous book details which reg hates so much. It's buried in seemingly innocent text which he, no doubt, glossed over several books ago but which now turn out to be crucial. Reg needs to die in a fire like the rest of the kuchibros with low attention spans.

Comment

Working...
                                X